Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What's the best 2" kit to get ?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,525 Times in 887 Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I also have OME in mine and as above, it's a bit stiff when not fully loaded but when out in the bush and under load it's faultless.
    A few of the guys who did the Simpson Dessert a couple of months back were running OME and have commented they wouldn't run anything else after that trip.
    I know a few people who haven't been all that happy with Ironman's foam cell shocks but they have a new model out just recently that I can't make any comment on.
    Like I said earlier though, it really depends what you're planning to do with your vehicle but if it's a bit of an allrounder then from my experience I highly rate the Old Man Emu gear.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

1997 GQ Patrol RX, TB42E. Mods: OME 2" lift, 33" BFG KM2'S, ARB winch bar & reconditioned X9 Superwinch, IPF 900 spotties HID conversion, ARB side steps and scrub bars, Kaymar rear step & spare wheel carrier & jerry holder, Rear 55W LED worklight, Safari Snorkel, 147L LRA tank, Extended diff breathers, dual batteries, GME UHF, Home built drawer and fridge slide, ARB 60L fridge.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Drewboyaus For This Useful Post:

NoRush (17th September 2014)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks for the reply's everyone, i think for my peace of mind i will go OME i got quoted 2" springs and shocks $1570 installed +$350 for new bump stops and spring seats does this sound reasonable ?

2nd question how does self installed effect warranty? not been that mechanical at all but have a few brain cells floating about do yous think i should do it or get it done by the pros

thanks for all your help everyone
    cheers brent
    2.8LTD GU ST, Arb winch bar, tigerz11 dominator 12000lb winch, safari snorkel, black widow rear draws, roof console, 2 uhf's,

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have Tough Dog in mine and they aren't too bad either but I would go with Old Man Emu!
    06 TD 4.2 coil cab, 3 inch lift, front ARB air locker.

Thanks
    Thanked 12,953 Times in 6,829 Posts
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't discount TJM XGS Gold got em on wifes Prado and Timbo on the forum gets awesome flex 4" though on his GU. Aaaaaand don't forget Dobinson
    Last edited by growler2058; 17th September 2014 at 07:54 PM.

IF YA DONT GET STUCK YA AINT TRYIN HARD ENOUGH........OR YA TOOK THE CHICKEN TRACK

WARNING: TOWBALLS USED WITH SNATCHSTRAPS DO KILL!!

Thanks
    Thanked 13,545 Times in 6,615 Posts
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brenttp View Post
    thanks for the reply's everyone, i think for my peace of mind i will go OME i got quoted 2" springs and shocks $1570 installed +$350 for new bump stops and spring seats does this sound reasonable ?

2nd question how does self installed effect warranty? not been that mechanical at all but have a few brain cells floating about do yous think i should do it or get it done by the pros

thanks for all your help everyone
    cheers brent
    Why do you need new bump stops?? Are your flogged out? If they are then your car has seen some very hard days! I reckon they are having a lend of you! Same goes for the spring seats! If you rubber spring seat rings are in good Nic then leave them right where they are! If not then I have made my own using 5mm reinforced cross ply rubber from Clarke rubber for a 1/10 of the price of 1 from Nissan!!

Installing a 2" lift is very very basic stuff and there is. Few threads here on just how easy it is. Fitting yourself should not effect your warranty as long as you do it right. If you go OME as a matched Kit then your on a winner and your warranty will be strong. If you mix and match your springs and shocks then you are open to the manufacturer blaming the other guy for a poor ride quality! "It's your shocks mate!" "No it's your springs mate!" See what I mean.

Hope that helps.
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

Drewboyaus (17th September 2014), Hodge (17th September 2014)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brenttp View Post
    thanks for the reply's everyone, i think for my peace of mind i will go OME i got quoted 2" springs and shocks $1570 installed +$350 for new bump stops and spring seats does this sound reasonable ? 2nd question how does self installed effect warranty? not been that mechanical at all but have a few brain cells floating about do yous think i should do it or get it done by the pros thanks for all your help everyone cheers brent
    I'm curious as to why you need new bump stops.....

The job itself in swapping over the shocks and springs for a 2inch lift isn't that difficult, expect it to take a few hours. I'm pretty sure there is at least one guide on here as to what's required in the job.

1997 GQ Patrol RX, TB42E. Mods: OME 2" lift, 33" BFG KM2'S, ARB winch bar & reconditioned X9 Superwinch, IPF 900 spotties HID conversion, ARB side steps and scrub bars, Kaymar rear step & spare wheel carrier & jerry holder, Rear 55W LED worklight, Safari Snorkel, 147L LRA tank, Extended diff breathers, dual batteries, GME UHF, Home built drawer and fridge slide, ARB 60L fridge.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ^^ haha, I typed too slow Daz.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Drewboyaus For This Useful Post:

MudRunnerTD (18th September 2014)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ok this is my front bumpstop both look like there missing a bit off the bottom but seem some what good to me ? whats your thoughts ? 1.jpg

this is the rear spring .... no bumpstop ? 2.jpg
    and this is the spring seat at the front seems to be a bit degraded and may need replacing ?untitled2.jpg

cheers for the help guys
    brento
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 1.jpg (7.6 KB, 81 views)
    • File Type: jpg 2.jpg (7.2 KB, 83 views)
    2.8LTD GU ST, Arb winch bar, tigerz11 dominator 12000lb winch, safari snorkel, black widow rear draws, roof console, 2 uhf's,

Thanks
    Thanked 13,545 Times in 6,615 Posts
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Sorry the pics are tiny even on the computer. can you post them again or add them to photobucket and they should be zoomable then. The spring seat looks like it has sen better days but they are expensive and i used Reinforced rubber as above for the win.

Your bump stops should have a formed rubber ring around the base and i cant see that pic at all sorry. If they looked damaged they may well be. What size is the lift that is in it? i assumed it was unlifted before?
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ok hope these are better pics mudrunnerTD http://s1027.photobucket.com/user/brenttp/library/

its go no lift in it atm mudd should have 2" installed next week

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast