OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Thread: Dome light delay kit installation

ckh

Dome light delay kit installation

I picked up a kit from Jaycar the other day for making the interior lights stay on for awhile after you shut the door, then it fades out or goes out when you turn the headligts on. All good except when I shut the doors the lights went out straight a way, after doing some googling found that because I'm running LED's the isnt enought resistance in the circuit to make the timer in the unit work.. I put a regular globe in the rear interior light and the system now works fine. but I prefer the LED's. I read some where I needed to out a 10w 10 ohm resistor in the circuit to compensate for the normal bulb, tried that and it worked fine until the resistor got that hot it started smoking then blew the fuse, found out its the same fuse that runs power to the clock and radio when everything is turned off.... some have suggested "to fit an ordinary globe in under your dash in parallel with your LED's, preferably one on the passengers side, one on the drivers side, to illuminate the floor, and to provide enough current to operate the circuit. but I dont have the wiring diagrams for my 89 GQ, and help or suggestions greatly accepted, as right now with the normal globe in the rear light with leds running in parallel it looks stupid, nice bright leds, with a yellow glow alone side of it...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Hardcore
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    duplication on the subject,
    have a search for other thread , your ? have been covered in detail.
    cheers
    IF IT'S NOT A NISSAN.
    THEN IT'S A COMPROMISE

Thanks
    Thanked 6,404 Times in 2,989 Posts
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Last edited by Bob; 17th December 2012 at 12:41 PM.