Thanks
    Thanked 20,772 Times in 8,582 Posts
    Mentioned
    581 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NissanGQ4.2 View Post

Cheers Andy

Safari's were only released overseas though, weren't they?
    They were mate...

2. The Following User Says Thank You to AB For This Useful Post:

NissanGQ4.2 (21st August 2014)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maybe its special coz it was made for howard marsden lol

I have no idea but im intrigued. where can I go to find this Nissan fast thing so I may do research on my own rig to see what it is??

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi mate, I have moved your post into its own thread
    No probs

Ok firstly, your vin does not work in any JDM catalog because its an Australian VIN

Secondly, your VIN does work in the AR catalog, change your O to a 0 ( zero ) after the A

Have never encountered that caution before......must be something special about it......is it a 7 seater??? The info comes back as 8

When you enter in a Model# you just get a general set of info back I believe compared 2 entering in a VIN number

Interested 2 find out why yours is classed as "Special Version"

Thirdly, you probable won't work out if its a TI, ST, DX using nissan fast....The grade description in nissan fast is is very vague, shame no one on here worked for nissan when this program was used.

No I'm on the hunt to see pics of you 4b so I can work this special version out!
    Sorry for not getting back to you, was busy and not able to get online last night. I'll change the 0 to an O and give it a go this arvie. Here are some pics of it, but I didnt think it was a 8 seater, 100% sure it's only a 7 seater.

http://goo.gl/WCzqqm

Maybe I'm wrong, just found this in Wikipedia and 2 me means there was hi roof models in Australia

Trim levels in Australia included :

DX with manual mirrors, no central locking, vinyl interior, optional AC, manual locking hubs.
    RX with electric mirrors, central locking, carpet interior, AC, manual locking hubs.
    ST with electric windows, electric mirrors, central locking, carpet interior, AC, automatic locking hubs.
    TI with electric windows, electric mirrors, central locking, leather and carpet interior, rear AC, woodgrain, seven speaker sound system, alloy three-spoke wheels, automatic locking hubs. The TI model had a high roof design until 1991.
    From those following definitions, that would mean my model is a DX, as it has manual windows, no central locking, but it is carpeted and has AC.

Maybe yours been a 97 model and Nissan moving 2 GU's in 97 maybe there are parts that a more GU than GQ
    Not sure about this, the build date is 08/97 which is late 97, so maybe the GQ model I got were run out models maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by dakka1 View Post
    maybe its special coz it was made for howard marsden lol

I have no idea but im intrigued. where can I go to find this Nissan fast thing so I may do research on my own rig to see what it is??
    I found it here:
    http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forum...tware-Download
    97 GQ RD28t Wagon, needs a new crank

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    cheers mate I tried but im not that good at computers to work out how to do it all

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dakka1 View Post
    cheers mate I tried but im not that good at computers to work out how to do it all
    It is not too complicated, if you have a mate who is a bit cluey, they should be able to get it hooked up for you. All it shows you is part numbers and diagrams and stuff. Because I am planning on replacing my crank myself, it'll be handy to have for reference

Secondly, your VIN does work in the AR catalog, change your O to a 0 ( zero ) after the A
    OK So tried with the following VIN:
    JN1WYGY60AO563438

and got the following error:

Thanks
    Thanked 4,882 Times in 3,232 Posts
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You still have a O in the VIN# not 0 ( Zero )

Copy and paste this in Nissan Fast: JN1WYGY60A0563438 and let me know how you go
    Time is never wasted when your wasted all the time

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OH Sorry I thought I needed to put the O on.... my bad, sorry. And BAM look at that..... Special Addition eh, well I guess it must be because the owner is very "special" Got any ideas where the Parts- noselect screen is? (NFA051)

The Prod M/Y is 0797 in FAST but 08/97 plated, does that really matter? But other then that, thanks for persevering with me and helping me get it working. Planning to start tearing the old girl down soon, and this will be a HUGE help!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to MrSka For This Useful Post:

NissanGQ4.2 (22nd August 2014)

The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,319 Times in 6,443 Posts
    Mentioned
    462 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrSka View Post
    OH Sorry I thought I needed to put the O on.... my bad, sorry. And BAM look at that..... Special Addition eh, well I guess it must be because the owner is very "special" Got any ideas where the Parts- noselect screen is? (NFA051)

The Prod M/Y is 0797 in FAST but 08/97 plated, does that really matter? But other then that, thanks for persevering with me and helping me get it working. Planning to start tearing the old girl down soon, and this will be a HUGE help!
    To find parts you need to select the SEC button, the right one, this brings up the entire car in sections with section numbers. You select your section and click on it and it moves down to the bottom of the screen. Then you select ok or some thing and then the picture comes up.
    When you see you part you want you will see it only has the group number on the part, not the part number. Double click on the part, then the part comes up in the first screen ( the one in your screen shot). Then to bring up the part number you hit the button to the right of the little crashed car and the part number comes up.
    Sorry if that sounds vague. I'm not at my pc and only going from memory
    Last edited by mudski; 22nd August 2014 at 10:38 PM.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mudski For This Useful Post:

MrSka (22nd August 2014), NissanGQ4.2 (22nd August 2014)

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    not related to the program but in relation to your crank on several cars I have done but yet to do a patrol so im only assuming it may be the same. at the back of the crank on the last cap there may be a seal that comes in 2 halfs when yo put that seal in push it down on one side this will make the other side of the seal stick out of the cap do the same on the block half of the seal sounds silly but will aid in preventing a leak where the crank cap and block meet. hope that helps mate

14. The Following User Says Thank You to dakka1 For This Useful Post:

MrSka (23rd August 2014)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12