OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Temperature sensor problem (unsolvable)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,037 Times in 846 Posts
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by oldcrazyman View Post
    Already done Kelvin, thanks (wiring connectors - all).
    For u guys is it possible that all the 3 sensors we changed are all fault, but for a "mysterious" mechanical conjunction on the other patrol they work?

Just trying to understand if it's the case to buy a new sensor or to search an other solution...
    Gus,

No - it would be extremely unlikely that the sensors are faulty if they work on the other car.

I would be tracing the wire back to the ECU from the sensor, and make sure that it is reading the same value as it is at the sensor with a multimeter.

If the cars are identical, you could also try swapping the main ECU
    GU PATROL 2011 Ti, with goodies...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    have you checked the number 6 spark plug see what it looks like also how long has the o2 sensor been in there
    07 crd,,bridgestone 697lt, 2.75 buedesert ex, SOLD theres a lot of my blood, sweat and money in that troll.

92 gq ti tb42efi my brothers gq extractors dual batteries brake controller uhf alloy bullbar SOLD with a heavy heart but gone to a nice young fella

13 y62 the beast that burbles

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @ happygu: yes we already swapped the ECU, and at the first test was code 55 (no error), after the engine start back to code 13... :-(

@ kevin07: sorry, i'm italian, and i didn't exactly understand what you mean. The 6 sparks are clean, just checked last week. Which exactly is the O2 sensor?
    Gus, the oldcrazyman[COLOR="White"].............[/COLOR] GR Y60 4.2 EFI LWB auto, [B]The Pequod 2[/B]

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    its a sensor that is plugged into the exhaust should be able to see it looking down from passenger side
    07 crd,,bridgestone 697lt, 2.75 buedesert ex, SOLD theres a lot of my blood, sweat and money in that troll.

92 gq ti tb42efi my brothers gq extractors dual batteries brake controller uhf alloy bullbar SOLD with a heavy heart but gone to a nice young fella

Thanks
    Thanked 4,880 Times in 3,231 Posts
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kevin07 View Post
    its a sensor that is plugged into the exhaust should be able to see it looking down from passenger side
    And looks like this

02 Sensor.jpg
    Time is never wasted when your wasted all the time

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to NissanGQ4.2 For This Useful Post:

kevin07 (28th August 2014)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NissanGQ4.2 View Post
    And looks like this

02 Sensor.jpg
    OH yes got it! No, that we didn't change it, but do you think it could be the cause for all these problems?
    Can I take it off just to do a try or It should stay there?
    Gus, the oldcrazyman[COLOR="White"].............[/COLOR] GR Y60 4.2 EFI LWB auto, [B]The Pequod 2[/B]

Thanks
    Thanked 4,880 Times in 3,231 Posts
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    do you think it could be the cause for all these problems?
    I would say so but I'm no mechanic, have a read of this: http://o2sensors.com.au/static/why-r...oxygen-sensors

Can I take it off just to do a try or It should stay there?
    I assume if you just disconnect it and its the cause of the problem then the problem will still be there, do you have one on the other vehicle you could swap over?
    Time is never wasted when your wasted all the time

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NissanGQ4.2 View Post
    I would say so but I'm no mechanic, have a read of this: http://o2sensors.com.au/static/why-r...oxygen-sensors

I assume if you just disconnect it and its the cause of the problem then the problem will still be there, do you have one on the other vehicle you could swap over?
    Thanks man, the link is interesting and surely I'll take a look at the sensor. Anyway I did the test for that sensor (2000rpm for 10 second) and it's good: the check light on dashboard makes 7/8 lights in 1o second = good!
    What about the fact that the radiator liquid goes down? any ideas?

thanks all mates

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    if and when you take out the o2 sensor you will probably find that it has fins,these fins should all be open about 1/8 of an inch you will find that they have closed up. water one do you have any coming out the back. when ichecked my o2 sensor with a snap on reader all it said was running lean.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kevin07 View Post
    if and when you take out the o2 sensor you will probably find that it has fins,these fins should all be open about 1/8 of an inch you will find that they have closed up. water one do you have any coming out the back. when ichecked my o2 sensor with a snap on reader all it said was running lean.
    Hey Kevin, sorry but your english it's lil bit tricky for my Us english, sorry but i don't understand very well...
    I don't see what's the problem with the o2 sensor in the case described in the first post.
    The o2 sensor is working perfectly as saying the checking test (2000 rpm more than 6 lights in 10 seconds).
    The problem still about the coolant circuit (error 13) and the car continues to have performance's problems even after all the pieces we've changed.
    That's why we are asking to you australian patrol guru guys ;-) We finished our shoots :-(

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast