Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New Ironman 4x4 Foam Cell Pro Shocks

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ash89GQ View Post
    Currently doing my research to fit new shockers and springs to my GQ, how would these compare to Koni 82s or 88s matched with King springs?
    Hey Ash89GQ,

The Foam Cell Pro is a much larger shock absorber, and is constructed of stronger and thicker materials. The Foam Cell Pro uses foam cell technology over standard hydraulic design. Both are re-buildable and valved to suit heavy duty springs (though each has their own specific valving). The Ironman 4x4 foam cell pro is available to suit a range of lifts (2", 4", 6" & 8"). Beyond that mate it comes down to personal preference and price (Ironman 4x4 Foam Cell Pros are $220 per shock - to suit a 2" lift).

In terms of stronger and thicker, our shocks have a 3mm wall (as thick as our bullbars - which makes them bloody tough) where as a standard aftermarket shock (and this isn't specifically a Koni) are generally around 1.4-1.6mm thick.

I'm not going to slag the Konis. They are a good shock, but I believe the price and strength of our foam cell pros (as well as their excellent ride) makes them a very competitive shock in the market.

Hope that helps mate!

Cheers,

Matt
    Ironman 4x4

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    gday matt just wonder how these shocks have gone since there release ? for $220 does that include spring aswell ? {newbie}
    cheers brent
    2.8LTD GU ST, Arb winch bar, tigerz11 dominator 12000lb winch, safari snorkel, black widow rear draws, roof console, 2 uhf's,

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brenttp View Post
    gday matt just wonder how these shocks have gone since there release ? for $220 does that include spring aswell ? {newbie}
    cheers brent
    Hey Brenttp,

They have flown off our racks in the warehouse. We've already sold out of pretty much all of our first batch! Now saying that, that's us being sold out, not our distributors (though they are selling fast as well!).

Our next batch is due to arrive soon though!

As for price, $220 is just for each shock mate. We charge $165 a pair for coils at the front, and between $187-275 for a pair of rears.

Cheers,

Matt
    Ironman 4x4

p.s. feel free to give me a yell with any more questions mate. I'm happy to answer whatever I can.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Ironman 4x4 For This Useful Post:

NoRush (16th September 2014)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nisshead View Post
    That's pretty good service in my opinion Catchinjack. Jump on board, PM Matt and let them try and sort it out for you.
    well i had a problem with an ironman product which they sorted out no problems so contacting them with your problem is definately the way to go.
    07 crd,,bridgestone 697lt, 2.75 buedesert ex, SOLD theres a lot of my blood, sweat and money in that troll.

92 gq ti tb42efi my brothers gq extractors dual batteries brake controller uhf alloy bullbar SOLD with a heavy heart but gone to a nice young fella

13 y62 the beast that burbles

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi guys, just had the 2 inch installed on my 2013 GU yesterday. Sitting around 65mm at the moment. Drive's really well, so much better than the OE set up.

Will keep you posted how it goes.

Cheers

Thanks
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Matt,

I'm looking at putting a 3-4" lift in at the moment and having trouble deciding on shocks as there's so many to pick from...

You can get a remote resivour adjustable Profender for the same price and remote res Amada Extremes for another $60, what's the pros and cons of yours over these others?
    Cheers Rod

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any further info on these shocks?
    looking at running with king springs possible.

Cheers

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My foam cells leaked oil and failed, wouldn't touch them again, ended going Raw ones and they're going strong.
    Cheers,
    Leo

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocket55 View Post
    Hi Matt,

I'm looking at putting a 3-4" lift in at the moment and having trouble deciding on shocks as there's so many to pick from...

You can get a remote resivour adjustable Profender for the same price and remote res Amada Extremes for another $60, what's the pros and cons of yours over these others?
    Hey Rocket55,

I'm so sorry I missed your post!

In regards to the differences/pros/cons.

These are a twin tube design as opposed to the mono-tube design of remote res shocks. Twin tube design by their structure are more resilient to physical damage. You can damage the outer shell of the shock (i.e. dent it) without affecting the shocks ability to perform. Do that on a mono-tube and suddenly the piston cant travel along the tube as there isn't a straight channel available.

Additionally the outer walls of the Foam Cell Pro shocks are 3mm thick, which to put it in perspective is as thick as our bullbars! Your shocks being one of the most vulnerable components on your 4x4 are subject to a lot of punishment, and this extra thick wall goes a long way to ensuring they'll be more than capable of doing the distance!

Being such a large bore shock, they are also able to take a huge amount of oil (generally around 750mm). This is easily equivalent or greater than the capacity of many remote res shocks. And the reason you want more oil is that it assists in keeping your shock cool and at ideal operating temperatures. Also using foam cell technology they are less susceptible to foaming and are very efficient at dispersing heat.

They are also like many of the remote res shocks rebuild-able and re-valvable via shim stacks (not recommended for home adjustment unless you know what you are doing!).

And finally the other advantage is you don't have a remote res canister to mount and the addition vulnerable points such as hoses - not to mention making installation much easier!

There are plenty of other little features like the quality of oil and seals we use, but in the end it comes down to what sort of style you are looking for. These shocks are bulletproof and have been developed from the ground up to be used across Australia. We wanted to minimize the number of vulnerabilities that they have to ensure that when you are travelling remotely you can rely on them and not worry about a stray stone denting your shock and locking it up (as can happen with a mono-tube). We looked closely at remote res as an option, and whilst great for racing, they aren't as ideally suited to touring (in our opinion) as a twin tube shock. So we looked closely at how we could get a twin tube shock to match many of the positive features of a remote res mono-tube, but without any of the vulnerabilities or disadvantages. Remote res shocks will probably make your rig look like it's got more bling :P but then we all know bling isn't everything!

Cheers,

Matt
    Ironman 4x4

Thanks
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No problems Matt. Thanks for the detailed and in depth reply.

Bling is only welcome on my wagon if it serves a purpose . . . . and that purpose could simply be just looking good
    Cheers Rod

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast