Quote Originally Posted by Ash89GQ View Post
Currently doing my research to fit new shockers and springs to my GQ, how would these compare to Koni 82s or 88s matched with King springs?
Hey Ash89GQ,

The Foam Cell Pro is a much larger shock absorber, and is constructed of stronger and thicker materials. The Foam Cell Pro uses foam cell technology over standard hydraulic design. Both are re-buildable and valved to suit heavy duty springs (though each has their own specific valving). The Ironman 4x4 foam cell pro is available to suit a range of lifts (2", 4", 6" & 8"). Beyond that mate it comes down to personal preference and price (Ironman 4x4 Foam Cell Pros are $220 per shock - to suit a 2" lift).

In terms of stronger and thicker, our shocks have a 3mm wall (as thick as our bullbars - which makes them bloody tough) where as a standard aftermarket shock (and this isn't specifically a Koni) are generally around 1.4-1.6mm thick.

I'm not going to slag the Konis. They are a good shock, but I believe the price and strength of our foam cell pros (as well as their excellent ride) makes them a very competitive shock in the market.

Hope that helps mate!

Cheers,

Matt
Ironman 4x4