Thread: Australia Day meet up 2015 at Nissheads property... 23rd - 26th Jan

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,277 Times in 3,275 Posts
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am hoping to be leaving home at 5am on Friday, I should arrive just around or after lunch.

Temps on Friday look good for travel in the southern part of the state but not checked temps in the north, with no aircon I am hoping for mild weather.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 20,759 Times in 8,579 Posts
    Mentioned
    581 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodyaussie View Post
    I am hoping to be leaving home at 5am on Friday, I should arrive just around or after lunch.

Temps on Friday look good for travel in the southern part of the state but not checked temps in the north, with no aircon I am hoping for mild weather.
    Looking at doing the same but ill take growler through Yea, Bonnie Doon and jump on the Hume at Benalla.

Are you heading up with anyone else?

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AB View Post
    Looking at doing the same but ill take growler through Yea, Bonnie Doon and jump on the Hume at Benalla.

Are you heading up with anyone else?
    Planning to leave early but not sure what time yet... What channel should I try for you on BA? :P
    1999 GU DX 4.2L | UFI 18g Turbo | Cross Country Intercooler | 2" Lift | 33" BF Goodrich KM2s
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries, can, and do kill people and damage property...No Excuses!

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,277 Times in 3,275 Posts
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll actually be on uhf40 for the drive up keeping my ear out for the location of the Police... not that I will be speeding but still nice to know so I dont have one of those awesome down hill runs where you manage to hit 120 for only a moment and get pinned for it.

If I come across another traveler I will turn to uhf17 to chat.

AB no one has pre arranged to be a travel buddy so at this stage I will be solo.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Still unsure of departure time and which direction to go. Got a few things going on and am hoping they all sail along smoothly and I can head off Thursday arvo heading east , but if things go off the rails then I will head north at some stage before Friday 7am. Will know where everythings at Thursday .
    The price of excellence is dicipline , the cost of mediocrity is dissapointment .

7. The Following User Says Thank You to boots For This Useful Post:

Bloodyaussie (19th January 2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 13,503 Times in 6,602 Posts
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodyaussie View Post
    I'll actually be on uhf40 for the drive up keeping my ear out for the location of the Police... not that I will be speeding but still nice to know so I dont have one of those awesome down hill runs where you manage to hit 120 for only a moment and get pinned for it.

If I come across another traveler I will turn to uhf17 to chat.

AB no one has pre arranged to be a travel buddy so at this stage I will be solo.
    Channel 40 will be busy with Truckies and Tossers. can you scan 2 channels on your radio? In NSW they have to put a Sign up to tell youif they are operating and fixed signs before any fixed speed cameras! and they still get people! go figure!
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Forgot to mention my contribution to the cook up . It is zucchini and carrot slice made by wifey . Also have a desert in mind so will see how that goes .
    The price of excellence is dicipline , the cost of mediocrity is dissapointment .

10. The Following User Says Thank You to boots For This Useful Post:

Maxhead (20th January 2015)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hey guys, special request. Our meetups are generally Awesome, everyone has a great time and the company is great. Given that this one will be a Massive Family event id like to request that we try and stem our language around the fire when the ladies are about. I know, i dont need to say it but thought i would anyway. Im OK with the F Bomb every now and then and certainly very guilty of that but the C Bomb can be a big issue especially for the ladies. Lets keep that to the whee small hours of Chilli antics if we can. Tell me to F off if you want. lol, but the full families dont come often and we want to encourage that some more if we can. If we can consider our radio chat also when on the UHF as there are kids in most of the cars. I know it should not have to be said but has happened plenty and would be great to get it out of the way now.
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!

The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

12. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

AB (19th January 2015), Bob (19th January 2015), Clarkie (19th January 2015), Family4x4 (19th January 2015), HuskyInAuz (19th January 2015), jack (19th January 2015), mudski (20th January 2015), Sir Roofy (19th January 2015), threedogs (19th January 2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,882 Times in 3,232 Posts
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MudRunnerTD View Post
    In NSW they have to put a Sign up to tell you if they are operating and fixed signs before any fixed speed cameras! and they still get people! go figure!
    bahahahaha, Can't say I've seen one highway patrol in NSW that is parked hiding with the camera pointed at you with a sign saying there is a speed camera in operation.
    Time is never wasted when your wasted all the time

Thanks
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NissanGQ4.2 View Post
    bahahahaha, Can't say I've seen one highway patrol in NSW that is parked hiding with the camera pointed at you with a sign saying there is a speed camera in operation.
    Really? hmmmm. i was sure that was the case mate. Dumb i know but was certain. used to be surely? you certainly have signs before fixed cameras.

Page 94 of 144 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596104 ... LastLast