Thread: Australia Day meet up 2015 at Nissheads property... 23rd - 26th Jan

Thanks
    Thanked 4,447 Times in 2,546 Posts
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rossco View Post
    yes, was thinking of that, can be bad for fires that area. There was one near delagate, but it's contained now so should be all good. Going up that way too this year. When and which way you heading up roofy?
    going up on the 23 early via the monaro hwy to bredbo then up the jerangle rd to captains flat

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 6,920 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Mentioned
    192 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At this stage, as long as there are no fires, I am heading up Wed arvo/evening, staying a night around Marlo/Orbost somewhere, then heading up through Club Terrace on Thursday and having a bit of a look around. Planning on camping Thursday night at Ada River camp on the Errinundra Rd then heading up the remainder on Friday possibly lunch at Captains Flat if anyone else is keen (counterie ??)

Anyone is more than welcome to join it if they like should be a nice drive. (Winnie, Roofy, Kat or anyone else coming up from the south . . .)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rossco View Post
    Anyone is more than welcome to join it if they like should be a nice drive. (Winnie, Roofy, Kat or anyone else coming up from the south . . .)
    Wish I had the time for a leisurely drive. I'll be heading off as early as I can wake up Friday morning and heading up... Given I'm terrible when it comes to directions I hope I make, it
    1999 GU DX 4.2L | UFI 18g Turbo | Cross Country Intercooler | 2" Lift | 33" BF Goodrich KM2s
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries, can, and do kill people and damage property...No Excuses!

Thanks
    Thanked 20,772 Times in 8,582 Posts
    Mentioned
    581 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rossco View Post
    At this stage, as long as there are no fires, I am heading up Wed arvo/evening, staying a night around Marlo/Orbost somewhere, then heading up through Club Terrace on Thursday and having a bit of a look around. Planning on camping Thursday night at Ada River camp on the Errinundra Rd then heading up the remainder on Friday possibly lunch at Captains Flat if anyone else is keen (counterie ??)

Living the dream Rossco

Thanks
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rossco View Post
    at this stage, as long as there are no fires, i am heading up wed arvo/evening, staying a night around marlo/orbost somewhere, then heading up through club terrace on thursday and having a bit of a look around. Planning on camping thursday night at ada river camp on the errinundra rd then heading up the remainder on friday possibly lunch at captains flat if anyone else is keen (counterie ??)

anyone is more than welcome to join it if they like should be a nice drive. (winnie, roofy, kat or anyone else coming up from the south . . .)
    mate you make that hard but cant jane has to work till friday

Thanks
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by relyimah View Post
    wish i had the time for a leisurely drive. I'll be heading off as early as i can wake up friday morning and heading up... Given i'm terrible when it comes to directions i hope i make, it
    you could join us if you can hit trafalgar very early

Thanks
    Thanked 6,891 Times in 3,651 Posts
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Anyone coming from Cooma on Monaro Hwy without towing I would recommend turning right at Michelago and going through the Tinderry ranges(on Tinderry Rd) and turning right at Jerangle road, then turning left onto Anembo road. From there thake a left onto either Tumanang Fire Trail or Bald Peak Rd which will take you to my property.Or go bit further and do the Flat Ridge trail or Jerrabattgulla road(which the Bald Peak joins onto anyway) all these are on the map

This would cut a heap of time from traveling on the hwy and Tinderry is an awesome drive and so is the tracks off Anembo rd.

I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Maxhead For This Useful Post:

boots (10th January 2015), Rossco (10th January 2015)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by katwoman View Post
    Jane-O and I are packed.
    What only one? Haha Jane.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sir Roofy For This Useful Post:

growler2058 (10th January 2015), katwoman (10th January 2015), Rossco (10th January 2015)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    192 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AB View Post
    Living the dream Rossco
    Yeah mate. . . . Why not!!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    192 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nisshead View Post
    Anyone coming from Cooma on Monaro Hwy without towing I would recommend turning right at Michelago and going through the Tinderry ranges(on Tinderry Rd) and turning right at Jerangle road, then turning left onto Anembo road. From there thake a left onto either Tumanang Fire Trail or Bald Peak Rd which will take you to my property.Or go bit further and do the Flat Ridge trail or Jerrabattgulla road(which the Bald Peak joins onto anyway) all these are on the map

This would cut a heap of time from traveling on the hwy and Tinderry is an awesome drive and so is the tracks off Anembo rd.
    Cheers Krisso, was looking at that way somewhere, might give it a go. . . .

Page 57 of 144 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967107 ... LastLast