Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

which maps?

Okay gang,
    I currently have the memory map NSW topo package, and I have just spent the weekend up at Barrington/Gloucester tops. I found my maps to be so far out of date.

so I'm looking for a solution. I do not have the 4wd Hema maps, which I can get for memory map for US$139 For all of them. Or there is mud map, now the "live" mupmap the one they call TheMap, looks interesting but I'm not really sure what I get for my $100

TheMap looks like a user generated map which should mean track clousers should be updared really fast, anyone had expericance with this?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 5,115 Times in 2,901 Posts
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by deanfurley View Post
    Okay gang, I currently have the memory map NSW topo package, and I have just spent the weekend up at Barrington/Gloucester tops. I found my maps to be so far out of date. so I'm looking for a solution. I do not have the 4wd Hema maps, which I can get for memory map for US$139 For all of them. Or there is mud map, now the "live" mupmap the one they call TheMap, looks interesting but I'm not really sure what I get for my $100 TheMap looks like a user generated map which should mean track clousers should be updared really fast, anyone had expericance with this?
    MUDMAP are a vendor sponsor on this forum.
    You can ask them questions almost directly and get the information you want.
    http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forum...p?17333-MudMap
    2011 GU8 ST 3.0 CRD, ARB Bullbar with IPF spotties, scrub bars and side steps, Snorkel, Dual Battery system, Waeco fridge, Turbo Timer, ARB Roof Rack with 5 IPF spotties across the front, Custom full Leather Bucket seats, DPchip, 3" Taipan exhaust, ARE Intercooler & scoop, Autron EGT/Boost and dual volt gauges, ARB front locker.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to MEGOMONSTER For This Useful Post:

rusty_nail (11th August 2014)

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah but I kinda don't want the company line on it. I want real feed back, from the users

6. The Following User Says Thank You to deanfurley For This Useful Post:

oncedisturbed (11th August 2014)

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So I was just looking on the memory map website, it looks like if I send my DVD's back to memory map, I can get an upgrade to the 2012 version for free. I was previously using a 2006 which which is apparently now 30years old.

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,830 Times in 1,250 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jesus mate, you would think they would have an online update available but a good outcome post up some feedback on the new maps when you get em if you can

Thanks
    Thanked 1,903 Times in 1,096 Posts
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by deanfurley View Post
    Yeah but I kinda don't want the company line on it. I want real feed back, from the users
    I am 1 of MUDMaps Beta testers and have been using it since it 1st came out several years ago.

MM has regular updates and also as you know has "The Map" which has a myriaf of input from everyday users via OSM and other mapping areas.

I suppose the biggest drawcard for it is it has turn by turn navigation and the ability to zoom in / out unlike other maps and providers.

You can get the same 1:250k maps that HEMA has amongst others and like HEMA / Memory Map, you can upload and convert other digital maps as well, not all will work due to various factors such as format and security features.

Having said that, I also use HEMA offroad as between them I can pretty much cover everything I need and top up street nav with Igo maps as well.
    2009 GU ST 4.8L AUTO WAGON, 2" OME LIFT, 33" A/T'S, ARB DELUXE BAR, WARN XD9000 WINCH, NARVA 170 SPOTTIES, SCRUB BARS / SIDE STEPS, LONG RANGE TANK, DUALL BATTS, REAR DRAWER SYSTEM, ARB AWNING, KAYMAR REAR WHEEL CARRIER, 3" ZORST

www.swat4x4.com

10. The Following User Says Thank You to oncedisturbed For This Useful Post:

deanfurley (11th August 2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,210 Times in 1,286 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you own a navman have a look at their 4wd map offer, it's cheap, all details and what model applies etc from their web site.
    1999 GU 4500 dual fuel

Il dado è tratto