Thread: rear door locks (rear seats)

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

rear door locks (rear seats)

Hi every one. Does anyone know how to get the door lock out of the door when you cant get the door open. It appears that my passenger side rear door lock has broke that the central locking unit. Thanks for your help.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep pull off the door skins, then with a screw driver " flick" the leaver on the back of the lock it's the vertical one I think. you will see the leaver from the door handle missing it

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi liftlid. I just had the door trim off and tryed moving the the lock only moves a small bit but its not enough to open the door.

The part the appears to be broken is as following:

The rod that goes down the door to the small unit that is attached to the door frame.
    This comes from the vertical leaver looking thing that you are talking about litlid which goes to the door lock that you pull up from inside the car.
    The clip that appears to be broken is a white one (solid looking).

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi everyone. Has anyone installed an aftermarket central locking system berfore? How easy was it? How long did it take. This will be going to my patrol. Thanks.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 4wdnut2012 View Post
    Hi liftlid. I just had the door trim off and tryed moving the the lock only moves a small bit but its not enough to open the door.

The part the appears to be broken is as following:

The rod that goes down the door to the small unit that is attached to the door frame.
    This comes from the vertical leaver looking thing that you are talking about litlid which goes to the door lock that you pull up from inside the car.
    The clip that appears to be broken is a white one (solid looking).
    Sorry I didn't reply before hadn't seen you post. You have properly sorted it already but you need to push the locking leaver on the back of the lock. It's attached to the inside lock knob, if your still having trouble pull off the other door skin and check out how it works on a working door. If not pm me and I will post some pics

Thanks
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 4wdnut2012 View Post
    Hi everyone. Has anyone installed an aftermarket central locking system berfore? How easy was it? How long did it take. This will be going to my patrol. Thanks.
    Fairly easy 3/4 hours depends on 4 or 5 door and if your locks a ready to take rods from solenoid ( older model locks need a washer welded on for rear doors) others may have a different way if doing it though

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am about to have a go at a sticky rear passenger side door that half opens on Truckus...as in both inside and outside door handles will unlatch the door and partially open it a couple of MM, but then she sticks tight. Closing the door auto locks it. This happens when I use the central locking function, so re lock, door full locked, unlocked door unlocks but same sticky issue.

So a brand new problem recently developed so may need some mechanism adjusting in the cable drum.

Is this similar to what was going on with yours OP or others?
    2005 Y61 GU rebuilt 2020. 6.5 L turbo inter-cooled Diesel, SupENG Superflex 4 Inch Lift Kit 2,0 Remote res Fox shocks, offset trunions, 315/75/16 Maxxis Razr, 16 x 8 steel rims, SupENG drop box, Stedi Spots & bars, 12000 lbs winch,rear locking bars with duel tire carriers, 4” XtremeENG S/S snorkel, rock sliders, SME UHF, ARB Hard mount Air compressor, ARB fwd & rear air lockers,Rhino roof racks, Duel battery set up, 12 V dist swbd ,