Hey guys

I have a 1988 TD42 non turbo diesel GQ patrol. I have been noticing some leaks from the head I'm not too sure if it is from the head gasket or from the rocker cover. I have replaced the rocker cover gasket twice now and the leak is still there, so I have come to the conclusion that it could even be a cracked head since the car use to run a turbocharger when the previous owner had it. Either way because I have heard some knocking from the engine for a while now I have decided to replace the whole head to solve this problem once and for all. I have a brand new head coming to me with a new VRS kit which includes new gaskets and bolts. Some advice and the correct procedure in tackling this situation from someone who has done this before and has some experience in this kind of work will be greatly appreciated. And the right torque settings and equipment used during the head replacement and the right way to set the timing and any other things that need to be set and done right. Can someone give me some good step-by-step advice on this matter.

Thank you in advance fellow GQ/TD42 owners