User Tag List

Thread: replacement intercooler, commonrail

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

replacement intercooler, commonrail

g'day gents, just wondering if anyone has replaced their intercooler with an aftermarket exchange unit? mine is a 2008 3L commonrail and has a little bit of black in the top right corner and i have been looking at replacing it for a new one but they are so bloody expensive! has anyone done the exchange recore on theirs or should i just bite the $1,200+ bullet and buy A.R.E or CROSS COUNTRY. I have an A.R.E scoop so i would probably go with them also all of the research and developement is impressive but would much preffer to save as much coin as possible because as you all know it is friggen hard to come by. any feedback would be appreciated, cheers....G
    2008 GU 2" LIFT, GME UHF BLACK KING WHEELS, SAFARI SNORKEL, LIGHTFORCE 240' KAYMAR DUAL WHEEL CARRIER STEINBAUER POWER, beaudesert 2 3/4 system, runva 11,000 comp winch.....

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hi G
    I've fitted the cross country
    Yes expensive but I'me happy with the slight improvement in acceleration
    so for me worth the cost
    regards
    Joe
    2010-DX Patrol Dual Cab Chassis, Front LOKKA, 3500kg GVM, 4.8 front brakes! (now stops like it should!), 4.625 Diffs (now drives like it should) 35"Mud tires, 3"exhaust, Rear air bags

4. The Following User Says Thank You to JoeG For This Useful Post:

grimace (4th August 2014)

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,110 Times in 3,143 Posts
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I got one of the diesel smart ones.
    http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Hi-flow-N...0e7cd13&_uhb=1

It's on a exchange basis. Dropped EGT's by a bit, and definitely EGT's come down quicker compared to stock. Plus mine leaked a tad as well so, this was a cheap option.
    These are re-cored units where as the likes of cross country are made from scratch so don't know how much difference there is....
    2005 TD42TI

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Hodge For This Useful Post:

grimace (4th August 2014)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thought about the cross country but i just don't think it is worth $1500 for the slight gain in power after all it is never going to win bathurst! hahaha cheers....
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeG View Post
    Hi G
    I've fitted the cross country
    Yes expensive but I'me happy with the slight improvement in acceleration
    so for me worth the cost
    regards
    Joe
    2008 GU 2" LIFT, GME UHF BLACK KING WHEELS, SAFARI SNORKEL, LIGHTFORCE 240' KAYMAR DUAL WHEEL CARRIER STEINBAUER POWER, beaudesert 2 3/4 system, runva 11,000 comp winch.....

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi grimace, I have a cross country ic as well and it really made a big difference to my trol. My old intercooler was leaking more than I had thought so part of the change was getting the engine working as it had originally from the factory so I am not sure how much extra it added over stock. But so far its been one of the best additions I have added.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i would be interested to see how much improvement it makes with mine because i have always felt that it should go better than it does and hopefully the reason is the leaking intercooler. not sure if i would be able to shell out the wopping $1,500 for the CC ic though obviously would love to, also do you have to do any mods to fit said ic or is it a bolt on?