OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My DIY fitting of a Runva EWX1200 winch to a Nissan Patrol Genuine Bullbar

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dads tractor View Post
    No mate keep it very simple cut the blue wire that runs to the power battery cable (middle large terminal )and spliced in 3mm twin core pair and ran back to switch in cab .Its only to break the circuit at the controller on the box on the front .If you use the remote and have the box isolated you will have full function through the remote . Tried to upload 3 pics but cant get it too happen tried AB's directions still no luck and not enough patience.

RUNVA 11000

Attachment 47957[ATTACH=CONFIG]47958[/ATTACHAttachment 47960]Attachment 47959

Sorry its so messy but 2 photos show the original wire layout and 2 show the red and black spliced in to go too cab switch .If a Mod has time feel free to tidy up .
    Thanks for putting your time in to get those photos loaded dads tractor. I sure they will be a great help when I get back to it finishing the final bits and pieces.

Harry.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to harrythomas For This Useful Post:

dads tractor (5th August 2014)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lucus30 View Post
    Looks good. Let us know how it performs
    Gave the Runva winch a try on the weekend.

Winching_Double.JPG

The winch worked effortlessly when set up with a double line pull.

Winghing_Single.JPG

With a single line pull the winch had to work a bit but was not a problem.

I am very happy with the winch so far.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to harrythomas For This Useful Post:

lucus30 (10th August 2014)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Not sure about the Runva's, but do they have drain holes on the motor housings? I noticed you installed upside down which is common with warn winches on patrols, which if not done correctly results in drain holes becoming fill holes, not good for reliability at all, and why warns seem to fail from water ingress when it is the installer who failed

Good write up though mate, if I was buying a winch new I'd probably get a runva for the value for money.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,577 Times in 911 Posts
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sooty_10 View Post
    Not sure about the Runva's, but do they have drain holes on the motor housings? I noticed you installed upside down which is common with warn winches on patrols, which if not done correctly results in drain holes becoming fill holes, not good for reliability at all, and why warns seem to fail from water ingress when it is the installer who failed

Good write up though mate, if I was buying a winch new I'd probably get a runva for the value for money.
    They don't have drain holes as they are fully sealed.
    Lucus30's 1999 GU ST TB45E

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Glad you enjoyed it sooty-10. I believe that the Runva is a sealed unit as lucus30 has pointed out. Runvas main concern forwarded on to me when I was fitting it upside down was that I didn't change the direction of the winch rope. Apparently that is important.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by harrythomas View Post

Glad you enjoyed it sooty-10. I believe that the Runva is a sealed unit as lucus30 has pointed out. Runvas main concern forwarded on to me when I was fitting it upside down was that I didn't change the direction of the winch rope. Apparently that is important.
    Sweet I assumed you had it covered

The low mounts have an internal drum brake which activates when the drum is trying to go the wrong way. So if you had the rope direction wrong it possibly would be trying to work against the brake and cause excessive heat/wear and also you would have no drum brake when needed.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to sooty_10 For This Useful Post:

harrythomas (12th August 2014)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sweet I assumed you had it covered

The low mounts have an internal drum brake which activates when the drum is trying to go the wrong way. So if you had the rope direction wrong it possibly would be trying to work against the brake and cause excessive heat/wear and also you would have no drum brake when needed.
    Thanks for that info. Very handy to know the reason.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12