OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Thread: My DIY fitting of a Runva EWX1200 winch to a Nissan Patrol Genuine Bullbar

Threaded View

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My DIY fitting of a Runva EWX1200 winch to a Nissan Patrol Genuine Bullbar

I have been looking at installing a 13.5XF Runva winch to fit to my Nissan Patrol Genuine Bullbar.

Nissan_Bullbar.JPG

The retailer had recommended a 11xp or a ewx1200. I was a bit concerned these may be a bit small but thanks to lucus30 who suggested that I can always do a a double or triple line pull one of these would be sufficient. On Monday I ordered a Runva EWX1200 Winch. It arrived three days later so I had a go at fitting it.

Well, unfortunately the winch will not bolt up as there is not enough room for the winch motor to fit between the bullbar mounting and the chassis. It misses by about 15mm

Winch1.JPG

After searching the forum it appears that I need to mount the winch upside down thanks to a post by MudRunnerTD. So I checked this out on my bullbar and it will bolt in upside down as long as there no other problems. I emailed the supplier for advice on fitting it upside down and they checked with Rumva.

The advice that Runva gave was, “That as long as the rope still goes in and out in the right directions it will be fine to install upside down. Just make sure the rope is feeding out of the hawes properly.” Excellent!!! and great after sales service.

So today I had another go at fitting it – upside down. Needed longer bolts for the top as the fairline needs to be fitted with the same bolts as the top of the winch and I had to extend the earth wire from the control unit to the motor. I will test it next weekend.

Winch2.JPG

2. The Following User Says Thank You to harrythomas For This Useful Post:

lucus30 (2nd August 2014)