OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: TB42e to TD42t Conversion - Lots of pics!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi did the motor holes for the bell housing line up with the petrol bell housing?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 6,920 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Mentioned
    192 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pezzer View Post
    Hi did the motor holes for the bell housing line up with the petrol bell housing?
    Hi mate, you'll need a TD bell housing. This will line up with the gearbox no worries. Petrol one is different.

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi just a quick note , i'm in brisbane and will be selling a tb42 with gas conversion and manual gearbox soon. I'm removing it from my 89 patrol which i bought new and had gas fitted about 8 years ago. The car has done total of 20700km. the engine can be started and driven as still in car.Runs like a a clock just loves a drink.Has msd ignition new genuine fuel pump and 2 year old converter. No hard work , my wife drives it .Unfortunately she can't drive a manual anymore so in goes a turbo diesel auto. If this helps you let me know. cheers.Greg

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote .. " I grafted out the wires from the TB harness for the coolant temp gauge and warning light so they are now functional"

Can i get your advise here please mate, could you let me know how you hooked up your coolant temp gauge, the TB loom disappears in to the dark void of wires for this and im left scratching my head and rubbing my chin...

Thanks
    She'll be right mate
    it's a GQ

Thanks
    Mentioned
    192 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Andyh View Post
    Quote .. " I grafted out the wires from the TB harness for the coolant temp gauge and warning light so they are now functional"

Can i get your advise here please mate, could you let me know how you hooked up your coolant temp gauge, the TB loom disappears in to the dark void of wires for this and im left scratching my head and rubbing my chin...

Thanks
    Hi Andy, there's just one wire that goes to the temp sender (just next to the thermostat housing) on both TD &TB ( unless the TB E is different, mine was a carby). I just put a new terminal on and hooked it up. Same with the oil pressure sender, there the same just hooked it up and it all worked fine. Saw on your post that you labeled everything, that's what i did, it certainly helped. . . Best of luck with it. . . .

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Rossco For This Useful Post:

Andyh (5th May 2015)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Rossco,
    I am thinking the EFI might be slightly different as the sender had two wires attached, one from what looked like the loom back to the cluster and one that disappeared into the injector loom heading for the idle circuit i think. It really threw me cos i wasn't expecting it.. So far its the only thing im not sure on, everything else is going to plan so far...

The oil pressure sender i changed over last night, it has the standard plug fitting and what looks like a rubber hose / tube, as yet i havent figured out where the hose / tube goes to as it was loose / free when i took the TB motor out, so it may have fallen off the fitting, im not sure..

Update, rubber hose is a vent line, does not connect to anything happy days
    Last edited by Andyh; 5th May 2015 at 12:41 PM.
    She'll be right mate
    it's a GQ

Thanks
    Mentioned
    192 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Andyh View Post
    Thanks Rossco,
    I am thinking the EFI might be slightly different as the sender had two wires attached, one from what looked like the loom back to the cluster and one that disappeared into the injector loom heading for the idle circuit i think. It really threw me cos i wasn't expecting it.. So far its the only thing im not sure on, everything else is going to plan so far...

The oil pressure sender i changed over last night, it has the standard plug fitting and what looks like a rubber hose / tube, as yet i havent figured out where the hose / tube goes to as it was loose / free when i took the TB motor out, so it may have fallen off the fitting, im not sure..

Update, rubber hose is a vent line, does not connect to anything happy days
    Hmm, maybe it's for a sensor somewhere. Probably don't need it if the Guage works all good. You could try giving Jono a pm or he might see this, his was an TBE although he went the full loom swap. I know the TDs have two wires one which goes to the glow plug timer, if you just go a manual switch for the glow you won't need it.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Rossco For This Useful Post:

Andyh (6th May 2015)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah i am going for the manual glow system. its the best way to go when converting the TB loom...
    I had another look at it all last night briefly with fresh eyes after reading your previous post and i now think from what you were saying previously that i have identified the wire in question. I was confused by another yellow plug which i now believe is a coolant temp sensor for the auto choke idle bypass circuit... I think i have identified the gauge temperature sensor wire as the red and white wire in the 6 pin square engine harness plug that runs to a single sensor on top of the block / thermostat housing. I will confirm this 100% when i remove the TB cluster and replace the taco, im sure its right, but between myself and my mate Stuart who is a pretty handy sparky, we get it..

Thanks for the info Rossco, what you said helped me nail it down... I appreciate the advise and assistance..
    Last edited by Andyh; 6th May 2015 at 12:09 PM.
    She'll be right mate
    it's a GQ

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Andyh For This Useful Post:

Rossco (6th May 2015), Winnie (6th May 2015)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hey Andy, sorry about not seeing this sooner. I'll reply to your PM.
    '96 GQ TD42t

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Chappy For This Useful Post:

Andyh (7th May 2015)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    awesome write up mate, rig looks the goods

16. The Following User Says Thank You to dysonest For This Useful Post:

Chappy (25th March 2016)

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011