User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Some advice on panhards and trailing arms etc

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does anyone have any brands that they would recommend for the heavy duty tie rods, drag links etc

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 20,772 Times in 8,582 Posts
    Mentioned
    581 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisc2306 View Post
    Does anyone have any brands that they would recommend for the heavy duty tie rods, drag links etc
    I have been buying 4140 spec superior gear for things that I break along my travels.

Expensive yes...quality...yes...keep the receipts hidden from the misses!!!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to AB For This Useful Post:

growler2058 (31st July 2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,953 Times in 6,829 Posts
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is where I got my gear from http://bigo4x4.com.au/default.asp?page=suspension

IF YA DONT GET STUCK YA AINT TRYIN HARD ENOUGH........OR YA TOOK THE CHICKEN TRACK

WARNING: TOWBALLS USED WITH SNATCHSTRAPS DO KILL!!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AB View Post
    I have been buying 4140 spec superior gear for things that I break along my travels.

Expensive yes...quality...yes...keep the receipts hidden from the misses!!!
    Thats what I have been looking at tonight and trying to price things up, the only problem I have is being in NZ shipping gets expensive and if I spend more than $400 I also have to pay another 20% GST which is a bit of a nightmare!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would definitely upgrade the panhards I only rebushed my standard ones and bent the rear like a boomerang on camp road at lcmp! I generally only drive like a grandpa and take it very easy on the car when doing tracks I think it was just an age thing.
    GQ Snorkle Lockers front n rear

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The superior stuff is very good, I run it on my comp rig and to date no issues.
    If it is just for you warrant I would consider the cost and break it into stages, this could help with shipping too.
    Lower rear control arms from superior would be my choice. Leave the upper rears for now and just re-bush with genuine style rubber.
    Unless you do some HD off-roading the radius arms in the front are ok and I would just re-bush them too.
    The pan hards with a 2" lift don't really need adjustment however if you are getting new ones get adjustable ones so if you decide to lift more later you can. I would consider new pan hards rather than re-bushing but it's not critical, depends on how much you want to spend.
    Heavy duty tie rod would also be a good idea but unless you are having issues with your current one I would possibly consider waiting, again it depends on funds.
    I really like the superior stuff and would recommend it as strong and lasting, even in less than desirable conditions.

Any of the poly stuff is crud offroad as it it too firm and they limit flex and tend to tear and crack because of it. I will never use it again, did once due to odd circumstances and I think I got a couple of weeks out of it and it was dead before the rubber bushes arrived.

Cheers

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Patrolling Paddy For This Useful Post:

chrisc2306 (6th August 2014)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12