User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: TB42 Turbo Project

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If ur chasing power and keeping to the six cylinder nissan engine. Why not go the Rb25det can usually handle 400hp at the wheels on stock internals and cheap to buy round 1500 with loom. Im considering it for my shorty.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just really like the torque of the 4.2 plus I'm trying to do something a little out of the ordinary. And with keeping the tb42, I can do a lot of the work myself as it's only really a full rebuild and new manifolds and stuff.
    1989 GQ LWB Dual fuel (hopefully not for long) TB42S, 3in efi springs with 5in terrain tamer shocks, roo systems roof cage, custom front tube bar, 32in LED light bar, 285/75/16 federal m/t's, 16x8.5 Dynamic d-hole steel rims

Thanks
    Thanked 1,525 Times in 887 Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gooch View Post
    If ur chasing power and keeping to the six cylinder nissan engine. Why not go the Rb25det can usually handle 400hp at the wheels on stock internals and cheap to buy round 1500 with loom. Im considering it for my shorty.
    The engine characteristics of that donk don't suit low range 4wding especially well. Shedloads of power but way higher up the rev range than a turbo'd TB.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

1997 GQ Patrol RX, TB42E. Mods: OME 2" lift, 33" BFG KM2'S, ARB winch bar & reconditioned X9 Superwinch, IPF 900 spotties HID conversion, ARB side steps and scrub bars, Kaymar rear step & spare wheel carrier & jerry holder, Rear 55W LED worklight, Safari Snorkel, 147L LRA tank, Extended diff breathers, dual batteries, GME UHF, Home built drawer and fridge slide, ARB 60L fridge.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is tru, if ur car is geared correctly it doesn't seem to be an issue. Theres plenty of options. Ive been weighing them up as im in the same boat.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,041 Times in 1,746 Posts
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gooch View Post
    This is tru, if ur car is geared correctly it doesn't seem to be an issue. Theres plenty of options. Ive been weighing them up as im in the same boat.
    What would be the correct gearing? That motor makes peak torque at 4400rpm, gear it too high and a peaky motor likethat would be a pig for throttle control
    96 GQ coil/Cab
    08 G6eT

Thanks
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What kind of boost would a TB with forged internals take? According to the internet, forged rods and pistons are readily available for this engine.
    IMO and should be taken with a grain of salt.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,663 Times in 3,158 Posts
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Parksy View Post
    What kind of boost would a TB with forged internals take? According to the internet, forged rods and pistons are readily available for this engine.
    Yeah uprated internals are certainly available and with forged items you could run up to 20 psi I would imagine. I knew of one of these making 350hp at the treads and 100hp shot of nos so it had 450hp on hand if you buried it to the floor as this is where the switch was for the nos.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to nissannewby For This Useful Post:

Parksy (24th August 2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,525 Times in 887 Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nissannewby View Post
    Yeah uprated internals are certainly available and with forged items you could run up to 20 psi I would imagine. I knew of one of these making 350hp at the treads and 100hp shot of nos so it had 450hp on hand if you buried it to the floor as this is where the switch was for the nos.
    Bloody hell! You wouldn't be driving that up a steep hill, you'd be launching into space! That is crazy power.....

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

1997 GQ Patrol RX, TB42E. Mods: OME 2" lift, 33" BFG KM2'S, ARB winch bar & reconditioned X9 Superwinch, IPF 900 spotties HID conversion, ARB side steps and scrub bars, Kaymar rear step & spare wheel carrier & jerry holder, Rear 55W LED worklight, Safari Snorkel, 147L LRA tank, Extended diff breathers, dual batteries, GME UHF, Home built drawer and fridge slide, ARB 60L fridge.

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi there, I'm currently building a TB42 with forged internals, balanced, headwork etc etc, with a view to turbo as well. I have probably gone massive overkill but I've been told that it will basically last forever if correctly looked after. Head's been ported, Forged Pistons, Fully balanced. Originally I told the engine builder it would run 12-15 Psi all day (Intercooled), It's en EFI TB42 which will have a custom computer and wiring as it's going into a currently carby'd dual fuel Maverick. Not sure what power to expect from this setup? Also should it run higher Psi? I'm after low down torque, a lot more power obviously but the key word was longevity.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12