Thread: Camping Fees applicable from 1st July 2014

Thanks
    Thanked 3,776 Times in 1,518 Posts
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewboyaus View Post
    Having a read of the link in relation to the Parks charge on our water bill, it would seem the parks charge relates to urban parks and gardens only.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
    Ops I was sent this from a camping forum, did a search on the web and saw they did have a Parks charge which surprised me.
    Cheers
    Jack

2012 Simpson 50th Anniversary Edition.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 1,525 Times in 887 Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Apollofish View Post
    They started using that system in Qld just before we headed up the Cape last year. We had a few drop out of the trip but it was to late to make changes so lost their deposit. When we got to Kalpower it was a real mess with double booked sites although ours were booked 6 mths in advance. The rangers were great, just said grab a spot and agreed the system was hopeless - no Internet access to confirm bookings. While there and at other sites we saw travellers who were delayed and missed their booking dates. Very poor system with lack of planning - looks like we are getting it as well.
    Great to know our public servants have done their due diligence then.......fark, that sounds like a nightmare.
    One of my work colleagues is the VP at 4wd Victoria and I'll have a chat to him during the week to see if they can lobby to introduce an annual fee or license or something. Has to be better than what is in place now.......and I have no real objection to contributing as long as it genuinely gets used for upkeep etc. of those sites.

1997 GQ Patrol RX, TB42E. Mods: OME 2" lift, 33" BFG KM2'S, ARB winch bar & reconditioned X9 Superwinch, IPF 900 spotties HID conversion, ARB side steps and scrub bars, Kaymar rear step & spare wheel carrier & jerry holder, Rear 55W LED worklight, Safari Snorkel, 147L LRA tank, Extended diff breathers, dual batteries, GME UHF, Home built drawer and fridge slide, ARB 60L fridge.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,404 Times in 2,989 Posts
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewboyaus View Post
    Great to know our public servants have done their due diligence then.......fark, that sounds like a nightmare.
    One of my work colleagues is the VP at 4wd Victoria and I'll have a chat to him during the week to see if they can lobby to introduce an annual fee or license or something. Has to be better than what is in place now.......and I have no real objection to contributing as long as it genuinely gets used for upkeep etc. of those sites.

The original proposal had the option of a Annual Fee but it seems to have been dropped.
    I have sent Parks Vic a email about the Annual Fee being dropped and I will post their answer when and if received.
    Along the Murray and some parts of the Alpine National Park seem to have escaped Fees so far but it wont be long before they do

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Bob For This Useful Post:

jack (28th July 2014)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I suspect the public servants aren't understanding how we, as 4wders use campsites. For many of us when out and about, we have a rough plan of where we will be for the night but that can all depend on breakages, winching etc. etc. or how good the fishing was! LOL
    It's not like a mum and dad once a year camper with their Kluger who are more likely to book a campsite like a motel room......
    I suspect part of it also was they weren't sure how much to charge for the annual pass......
    Hopefully they see some sense.

1997 GQ Patrol RX, TB42E. Mods: OME 2" lift, 33" BFG KM2'S, ARB winch bar & reconditioned X9 Superwinch, IPF 900 spotties HID conversion, ARB side steps and scrub bars, Kaymar rear step & spare wheel carrier & jerry holder, Rear 55W LED worklight, Safari Snorkel, 147L LRA tank, Extended diff breathers, dual batteries, GME UHF, Home built drawer and fridge slide, ARB 60L fridge.

Thanks
    Thanked 13,507 Times in 6,602 Posts
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    i shared it with Pat Callanin, he shared it on his page today and sent me a message on facebook thanking me for the link! I'm famous!

I have also sent it to Wayne Heavy from 4wdVic and hopefully they will pick it up if they were not at the table that allowed this to happen!
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MudRunnerTD View Post
    i shared it with Pat Callanin, he shared it on his page today and sent me a message on facebook thanking me for the link! I'm famous!

I have also sent it to Wayne Heavy from 4wdVic and hopefully they will pick it up if they were not at the table that allowed this to happen!
    Wayne mentioned this when doing a presentation at our Ballarat club a few months back. I can't remember the details but they were lobbying on our behalf. I think it was something like trying to get exemption for 4wd vic members because of the work they already do for parks. Something like that anyway. Hopefully he'll come back to you with an update. They were definitely working on it.
    Thanks, Cameron
    No Patrol now - Just good memories!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The word from my work colleague was that much of it took everyone by surprise......as in the decision was made in haste before the state election (probably to add some revenue before we vote) and very little of the recommendations 4wd Vic and others offered were adopted as they had expected. 4wd Vic I believe are still lobbying for an annual fee rather than the balls-up it is now.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Drewboyaus For This Useful Post:

cgm (29th July 2014)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Crap, if they make club members exempt from camping fees I might have to look at starting a club, bugger

Thanks
    Thanked 3,776 Times in 1,518 Posts
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by liftlid View Post
    Crap, if they make club members exempt from camping fees I might have to look at starting a club, bugger
    I'm sure we'd get enough interested members from here.
    Cheers
    Jack

2012 Simpson 50th Anniversary Edition.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by P4trol View Post
    So is there any free camping areas in Vic?
    Yeah there are plenty. Looking at that pdf the Nth East seems to be hit pretty lightly.

The camp site/s I frequent is untouched (ATM) and would have to be one of the best/nicest around that doesn't end too busy with private pockets, but that will change in time I guess.
    Last edited by @GUte; 29th July 2014 at 10:02 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123