User Tag List

Thread: Off Road GPS - HELP

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Off Road GPS - HELP

G'day fellas, just wondering if anyone in the Brisbane/Ipswich QLD area, have a offroad GPS system that I could come and try out before I purchase, mainly Mud Maps or Hema Maps also must be on Android tablet.
    PM me for contact details.
    "If you want it done right, you had better do it yourself"

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,830 Times in 1,250 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry mate I've got apple, if you have android phone try looking up memory map in the App Store it will come with a trial base map and can be loaded with Hema maps later.

http://memory-map.com.au/digital-map...australia.html

Patrol Guru
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oziexplorer also has a demo version (from their website). It's not too hard to bring up a free map or two for a play.

Easier to have someone show you though.

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,830 Times in 1,250 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ozi takes some time to get the hang of to the point I lost interest in it and it was a shame as I had a $hit load of maps I could have run on it

Thanks
    Thanked 13,507 Times in 6,602 Posts
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Wow I found Ozi very very simple once I applied myself. I had it loaded up and all the maps added by a mate wh I was great but mean I had a fully functional GPS that had never turned on and was hesitant to play with. Once I got over that I have found it quite straight forward.

On the recent Simpson trip though I was running Ozi on a 7" tab through Windows CE but then turned on the iPad and opened. Hema and was blown away by the better map and better optics of the screen and ran with the iPad and Hema app for he duration. Was great.
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Patrol Guru
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ozi is pretty simple, I thought too.

Memory map for me has thrown up too many 'need to contact the license server to make sure you have bought the map' type errors. This is across two devices that I own, after the maps have been bought and verified. Usually it happens someplace without mobile coverage. Not saying it happens to everyone, but it is annoying and dangerous for me to pass it by. That's after dropping several hundred dollars on buying maps that can only be used with memory map.