Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Canvas seat covers - GU-ST

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Canvas seat covers - GU-ST

I'm looking to get some canvas seat covers for the GU as they seem a good idea to keep dirt, mud and kids mess off the fabric seats. Has anyone got any advice re which brand I should be looking for and or pros and cons of these versus cheap rubbish from the local auto shop? Cheers in advance for any advice.
    Part time 4wd'er and fisherman, full time worker, why can't it be the other way?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I grabbed some off fleabay mate, $300 for a full set including the 3rd row. 10oz cotton canvas.

Sure they aint Blackducks or MSA's but for the price with a 5 year warrenty I figured you cant go wrong. Bit of a bugger to fit though. It makes for a good afternoon beer job.
    2008 GU ST Bog stock and no smoking barrels!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Beni C For This Useful Post:

Mac73 (23rd July 2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,754 Times in 7,160 Posts
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I've got MSA canvas ones in my GQ and to be honest, even though they do a great job of keeping much off your seats, I've found that there's not a great deal of give in them so tend to make the seat a bit firmer and therefore tend to sit up a little higher........ not a major issue but after a long journey the seats arent so comfortable (not that theyre that great in a GQ anyway)

Next set I get will probably be the neoprene type.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Clunk For This Useful Post:

Mac73 (23rd July 2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,963 Times in 7,394 Posts
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    a Full set from TJM will cost $700 and 12oz canvas as well
    04 ST 3lt auto, not enough Mods to keep me happy, but getting there

8. The Following User Says Thank You to threedogs For This Useful Post:

Mac73 (23rd July 2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 13,507 Times in 6,602 Posts
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    i have a full set of Black Duck covers in my GUIV. i was fortunate taht i was looking on ebay and ready to buy the new set for $165 from a guy in Melbourne and saw this set of much much more expensive ones. They were second hand and i paid $165 for them and they are Great. They fit well, they have a little give in the seat unlike what Clunk described and have been on my seats for about 4 years and are excellent.

My car is a daily driver and they dont look like wearing out any time soon. The back seat with 2 kids would have been trashed by now i am sure and the drivers seat was starting to wear on the edge where you get in and out but i doubt it has any further wear on it since the covers went on.

As an investment i think they will keep your seats looking in showroom condition for when it comes time to sell.

Supercheap sell a cheaper canvas cover that is not custom to the Patrol which look good and a heap cheaper but i got a bargain.
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

Mac73 (23rd July 2014)

Driving the Beerbulance around the Tweed Coast
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a set of Blackducks for my 08 Dx, and they are phenomenal, every time I take them off for a wash I have a set of brand new seat underneath them
    33's, 2' lift, Snorkel, Warn XD95000 Winch (Just exploded... July 2014), UHF, 6 Point Cage, and no clue on how to use any of it... I drove over a gutter once!!! and it wasn't the rounded variety either!!!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Biscuits For This Useful Post:

Mac73 (23rd July 2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 13,507 Times in 6,602 Posts
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Biscuits View Post
    I have a set of Blackducks for my 08 Dx, and they are phenomenal, every time I take them off for a wash I have a set of brand new seat underneath them
    WOW! Wash them! That has never crossed my mind! do you just put them through the washing machine?
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

Mac73 (23rd July 2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,963 Times in 7,394 Posts
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I have heavy nylon fabric ones from Aldi and reckon they do their job of keeping the seat clean.
    not as comfy as the lambs wool though but the drivers seat is heated oh yeah
    04 ST 3lt auto, not enough Mods to keep me happy, but getting there

16. The Following User Says Thank You to threedogs For This Useful Post:

Mac73 (23rd July 2014)

Driving the Beerbulance around the Tweed Coast
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MudRunnerTD View Post
    WOW! Wash them! That has never crossed my mind! do you just put them through the washing machine?

Yep, in the wash, the usual scoop of magic powder that helps clean stuff, and then hung on the line to dry. Just make sure that you dont have any folds in spots that dont usually fold and they will look a treat when you put them back on
    33's, 2' lift, Snorkel, Warn XD95000 Winch (Just exploded... July 2014), UHF, 6 Point Cage, and no clue on how to use any of it... I drove over a gutter once!!! and it wasn't the rounded variety either!!!

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Biscuits For This Useful Post:

Mac73 (23rd July 2014), MudRunnerTD (23rd July 2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,424 Times in 3,003 Posts
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don’t want to remove my BlackDucks. They are covering some fairly ordinary seats out of a cocky’s ST. Really like the covers, find them very comfy. Weren’t too bad to fit. Not so good for dogs though...... they don’t have anything to grip on making braking a bit interesting sometimes when I’m dog sitting for friends.

2006 4.2TDi ex-Telstra Remote area Camper. 425w roof mounted solar, 360Ah Aux batts, BCDC1240, Onboard hot & cold pressurised & filtered water, (25 litre hot water calorifier), ARB fridge, ARB freezer, Built in kitchen, heaps of easy access storage, 240v, 3” Genie exhaust + dynotune, 2” lift, 3900kg GVM upgrade, second glovebox, ROH Blaktrak steel wheels, Bridgestone D697's (now Toyo RT's), Redarc gauges/pillarpod, Hema HX-1, Icom 450 CB, dual rear view cameras, Onboard 30amp Victron mains charger, second glovebox, dual seat conversion, TPMS, Boss PX7 onboard air with 9 litre tank, 350w inverter, Steel bullbar, Harrop Eaton diff lock (front), Warn winch, Snorkel, Dual spares , 160 litre water tank, 180 litre fuel in two tanks (approx 1200km range) 2010 Tvan Tanami. (incl another 70 litre water tank) with matching wheels/tyres (& 3rd spare)
    A Nomadic Life (Blog)

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Cuppa For This Useful Post:

Mac73 (23rd July 2014)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast