Thread: ripped a few wires out gq patrol

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ripped a few wires out gq patrol

Gday guys
    In a recent effort to declutter my engine bay I started to rip out some dodgy home wiring from the previous owner. Engine bay looks alot neater now but while I was ripping out wires I think I have disconnected something stock. There was a wire that came off the +ve of the battery (not standard) that ran down to a relay down beside the radiator near the drivers headlight. From the relay it ran to a thermofan in the front and it also ran a single wire over to a random connector that then ran down to the ac compressor. Now I ripped all of this out thinking it wasnt a big deal as it looked home installed but now the ac doesnt work(wasnt that great anyway) and I have no thermofan. Did the gq have a thermofan on the front of the radiator from stock? And if so is it going to be a drama to have it disconnected? I kept the wiring loom in case so I can put it back in if needed
    1989 Ford Maverick: TB42s Carby, Snorkel, 3" king spring suspension lift, 2" body lift, aftermarket extractors, 33x12.5 mickey t MTZ's, 2.5: Sports Exhaust

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 20,772 Times in 8,582 Posts
    Mentioned
    581 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    They do have a factory fitted thermo mate. See what others say but if I were you I would be definitely getting that working again otherwise you have no safeguard.

Thanks
    Thanked 13,507 Times in 6,602 Posts
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Behind the drivers headlight is a tubular canister that is the aircon dryer. There is a pressure switch on top with 2 wires. It's a switching circuit and both positve (in and out) and it sounds like you have removed that circuit or part there of.
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I may just re connect the loom as it was just to be safe but I dont think its right. I also noticed that there is only like three relays under the black cover beside the battery when I thought there was suppose to be more. All of the ac ones I have seen in manuals arent there
    1989 Ford Maverick: TB42s Carby, Snorkel, 3" king spring suspension lift, 2" body lift, aftermarket extractors, 33x12.5 mickey t MTZ's, 2.5: Sports Exhaust

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah that how mine's wired too Steve. Looks dodgy as, and the workshop manual doesn't show it either, so I figure it was done by Nissan Australia not in Japan. From memory I think the thermo fan relay gets it's switch power from the AC relay, and as MR said, it's all tied in with the pressure switch at the top of the receiver drier.
    1989 GQ LWB Wagon, TB42 Petrol/LPG Auto. Bought Dec 2010