Thread: what is thing ?????????

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what is thing ?????????

Howdy, just installed my new Pertronix 2 and Flamethrower 2 today, easy as, removed all the required parts including the points, condensor, ballast and fitted the good stuff, fired on first go, no problem with this, what I need to know is on the ballast there is a black wire that leads to what looks like another condensor and a connector on the other side it sits just in front of the coil and under the pre-cleaner, the problem is that the othr end should connect to something but it's just hanging loose, where the does this condensor looking thing connect to and is it an important bit, any help appreciated.
    Les

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 89nisspat View Post
    Howdy, just installed my new Pertronix 2 and Flamethrower 2 today, easy as, removed all the required parts including the points, condensor, ballast and fitted the good stuff, fired on first go, no problem with this, what I need to know is on the ballast there is a black wire that leads to what looks like another condensor and a connector on the other side it sits just in front of the coil and under the pre-cleaner, the problem is that the othr end should connect to something but it's just hanging loose, where the does this condensor looking thing connect to and is it an important bit, any help appreciated.
    Les
    It sounds like the rf surpressor. The other end I believe connects to the positive of the coil. It is suppose to cut out interference in your radio ect caused by the ignition circuit but I currently dont have mime connected and cant tell the difference
    1989 Ford Maverick: TB42s Carby, Snorkel, 3" king spring suspension lift, 2" body lift, aftermarket extractors, 33x12.5 mickey t MTZ's, 2.5: Sports Exhaust