Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819

Thread: DIY CV and Swivel Hub Rebuild Thread

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey MudRunnerTD anymore updates on this rebuild Im looking to go ahead have all the gear ready to go

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 13,452 Times in 6,588 Posts
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by trimixdiver View Post
    Hey MudRunnerTD anymore updates on this rebuild Im looking to go ahead have all the gear ready to go
    Nah mate. Good to go. I have added updates and embedded them where they should be in the thread. Everything you need to know is here mate. Any dramas I'm here most days.
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MudRunnerTD View Post
    Nah mate. Good to go. I have added updates and embedded them where they should be in the thread. Everything you need to know is here mate. Any dramas I'm here most days.
    Was told to use Molly grease for axle and king pin bearings since its all together inside the hub and use High Temp for wheels bearings if this is correct that means to use 2 different grease so did you use your grease Gadget on both switched out grease in between?

Thanks
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Was told to use Molly grease for axle and king pin bearings since its all together inside the hub and use High Temp for wheels bearings if this is correct that means to use 2 different grease so did you use your grease Gadget on both switched out grease in between?
    Hi mate, I would use the Hi Temp grease for the wheel bearings and King Pin bearings. Pack all those using thrbgrease packer. Use the moly grease for the CV and pack this by hand.
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!

The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok cool exactly what I did, also would you chance both side if only one side was leaking, I bought a full kit thinking I should keep as a spare .
    Last edited by trimixdiver; 8th October 2021 at 05:35 PM.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Ok cool exactly what I did, also would you chance both side if only one side was leaking, I bought a full kit thinking I should keep as a spare .
    I would do both sides. You are effectively rebuilding the swivel hubs and there will be a noticeable difference when driving.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

growler2058 (9th October 2021), Rossco (8th October 2021)

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That thing is a beaut

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819