Thread: DIY CV and Swivel Hub Rebuild Thread

Thanks
    Thanked 13,496 Times in 6,599 Posts
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by K1W1 View Post
    Thanks, One real annoyance is I bought a rebuild kit and all I can see it doesn't have is these clips.
    Yeah nah they are not part of the kit as they should never need replacing. The lack of them could certainly be giving you all kinds of issues. Replace and refit into the outer groove
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 1,525 Times in 887 Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quick question, I'm not far off getting this job done, should I do the wheel bearings at the same time everything is apart or just stick to my original plan of swivel hubs and kingpin bearings? I need to buy the kit and trying to decide if I should get the wheel bearings too....

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

1997 GQ Patrol RX, TB42E. Mods: OME 2" lift, 33" BFG KM2'S, ARB winch bar & reconditioned X9 Superwinch, IPF 900 spotties HID conversion, ARB side steps and scrub bars, Kaymar rear step & spare wheel carrier & jerry holder, Rear 55W LED worklight, Safari Snorkel, 147L LRA tank, Extended diff breathers, dual batteries, GME UHF, Home built drawer and fridge slide, ARB 60L fridge.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,653 Times in 3,121 Posts
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewboyaus View Post
    Quick question, I'm not far off getting this job done, should I do the wheel bearings at the same time everything is apart or just stick to my original plan of swivel hubs and kingpin bearings? I need to buy the kit and trying to decide if I should get the wheel bearings too....

If you haven't done them before I'd personally do them. Preventative maintenance
    Last edited by BigRAWesty; 17th December 2014 at 09:03 AM.
    Cheers
    Kallen Westbrook

Thanks
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewboyaus View Post

I promise you Drew, you will bloody Kick yourself for even asking this when you have it stripped down. No brainer for me mate. for the cost, just do it. if they look OK then clean them up and repack them and put a set in a Ziplock bag for spares but replace for sure. Buy the kit that includes Wheel Bearings for sure.
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!

The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

Drewboyaus (17th December 2014)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks mate.

1997 GQ Patrol RX, TB42E. Mods: OME 2" lift, 33" BFG KM2'S, ARB winch bar & reconditioned X9 Superwinch, IPF 900 spotties HID conversion, ARB side steps and scrub bars, Kaymar rear step & spare wheel carrier & jerry holder, Rear 55W LED worklight, Safari Snorkel, 147L LRA tank, Extended diff breathers, dual batteries, GME UHF, Home built drawer and fridge slide, ARB 60L fridge.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    When are you looking to do the job Drew?

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not 100% sure mate. Some time reasonably soon after Christmas. It's one of a bunch of jobs I have to do. I just need to recover a bit more as I get bloody tired at the moment after not doing very much.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have just done this job and the wheel bearings are dead set easy to do. Worth doing at the same time.
    IMO and should be taken with a grain of salt.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Parksy For This Useful Post:

Drewboyaus (17th December 2014)

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Many thanks MudRunnerTD, will be using this thread shortly!!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not sure if its been covered yet but how much grease should I be buying to do the full job? Will be doing it in a couple of weekends
    1989 Ford Maverick: TB42s Carby, Snorkel, 3" king spring suspension lift, 2" body lift, aftermarket extractors, 33x12.5 mickey t MTZ's, 2.5: Sports Exhaust

Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast