Thread: ARB Awning + ARB Roof Rack

Thanks
    Thanked 13,495 Times in 6,598 Posts
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by deanfurley View Post

Mudrunner, any chance of those pics mate? I'm get the idea just ant to have a look before I start drilling.
    Here you go mate. gave me some motivation to actually post this thread!

DIY-Fitting-Side-and-Rear-Awnings-to-Roofrack
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

deanfurley (19th July 2014)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 12,415 Times in 6,257 Posts
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MEGOMONSTER View Post
    I just drilled through the uprights of the rack and through the awning, with 2 bolts on each of the 3 uprights.
    I did the same but on 4 uprights... When I told the bloke at the shop how I did it he said I was mad and he only ever does the 2 end uprights

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,110 Times in 3,143 Posts
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by deanfurley View Post
    Thanks Hodge, don't suppose you know what those brackets are called? I just visited ARB at Artarmon, and he just told me they don't do a bracket. And to drill.

Mudrunner, any chance of those pics mate? I'm get the idea just ant to have a look before I start drilling.
    Honestly no idea mate. That's what guy at Arb gave me and the bag was Arb labelled. He said use these if you do not want to drill.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Forum Runner
    2005 TD42TI

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Hodge For This Useful Post:

deanfurley (19th July 2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,525 Times in 887 Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hodge View Post
    Honestly no idea mate. That's what guy at Arb gave me and the bag was Arb labelled. He said use these if you do not want to drill. Sent from my SM-G900I using Forum Runner
    They look like the Rhino brackets I used on my old school TJM rack. Mine had no real uprights to fix my Rhino awning onto so bracket option it was. They were exxxy (about $90 as I remember). I had some L brackets kicking around here that I modified to mount the rear awning.......

image-581096192.jpg
    A "bought" bracket

image-1325883706.jpg
    And a modified

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

1997 GQ Patrol RX, TB42E. Mods: OME 2" lift, 33" BFG KM2'S, ARB winch bar & reconditioned X9 Superwinch, IPF 900 spotties HID conversion, ARB side steps and scrub bars, Kaymar rear step & spare wheel carrier & jerry holder, Rear 55W LED worklight, Safari Snorkel, 147L LRA tank, Extended diff breathers, dual batteries, GME UHF, Home built drawer and fridge slide, ARB 60L fridge.

Thanks
    Thanked 13,495 Times in 6,598 Posts
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewboyaus View Post
    They look like the Rhino brackets I used on my old school TJM rack. Mine had no real uprights to fix my Rhino awning onto so bracket option it was. They were exxxy (about $90 as I remember). I had some L brackets kicking around here that I modified to mount the rear awning.......

image-581096192.jpg
    A "bought" bracket

image-1325883706.jpg
    And a modified

I reckon you'd get all of that from your local Bunnings Cheap enough! Those L Brackets look allot like Gal Shelf supports.
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,525 Times in 887 Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MudRunnerTD View Post
    I reckon you'd get all of that from your local Bunnings Cheap enough! Those L Brackets look allot like Gal Shelf supports.
    Probably, but I don't really have too many tools for metal fabrication. I used to when I worked for a previous employer......They had a whole fabrication workshop full of stuff to play with.

1997 GQ Patrol RX, TB42E. Mods: OME 2" lift, 33" BFG KM2'S, ARB winch bar & reconditioned X9 Superwinch, IPF 900 spotties HID conversion, ARB side steps and scrub bars, Kaymar rear step & spare wheel carrier & jerry holder, Rear 55W LED worklight, Safari Snorkel, 147L LRA tank, Extended diff breathers, dual batteries, GME UHF, Home built drawer and fridge slide, ARB 60L fridge.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Winnie View Post
    The awning should come with a couple of big L brackets and you can U bolt those on.
    I just drilled into the rack.
    My ARB came with a couple about a year back.

Quote Originally Posted by Winnie View Post
    I did the same but on 4 uprights... When I told the bloke at the shop how I did it he said I was mad and he only ever does the 2 end uprights
    Once I got the roof rack, this is how I mounted them by the four uprights.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi lads, the brackets in the image that Hodge posted are from Rhino. We do make L brackets that are designed to sandwich between the rack mount and the rack itself (this can be done with Rhino mounts as well). There are a range of options depending on vehicle and rack style, so I won't post a part number. Your best bet is to drop in to an ARB store/stockist and get sized up.

Any dramas, give us a shout.

Cheers
    David
    ARB 4x4 Accessories Head Office

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ARB 4x4 Accessories For This Useful Post:

AB (24th July 2014), deanfurley (25th July 2014), MudRunnerTD (25th July 2014), Stropp (25th July 2014)

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ARB 4x4 Accessories View Post
    Hi lads, the brackets in the image that Hodge posted are from Rhino. We do make L brackets that are designed to sandwich between the rack mount and the rack itself (this can be done with Rhino mounts as well). There are a range of options depending on vehicle and rack style, so I won't post a part number. Your best bet is to drop in to an ARB store/stockist and get sized up.

Any dramas, give us a shout.

Cheers
    David
    Thats what i got Dave, Phil from St Peters ARB Sorted me out, i'll post a some pics when i mount it up over the weekend.

After calling into two other ARB dealers and talking to a 3rd one on the phone, i was kinda ready to give up, but then got on the phone to St Peters, and they sorted me out. i went to Artarmon, and it felt like the guy thought i was an annoyance, i told him they did do a bracket, and he assured me they didn't. 2 days later i have one in the back of the car.

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well i managed to get the ARB Bracket, for the awning, it's pretty good very happy with it.

I pushed it as close in as possible and it looks really clean. Expensive but $90 for the bracket, $20 for replacement nuts and bolts (316 stainless) + $15 for ratchet spanner (worth every penny with nylock nuts)

20140728_164532_Android.jpg
    20140728_170104_Android.jpg
    20140731_171156_Android.jpg

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12