Thread: where have you put your reversing camera

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

where have you put your reversing camera

my mates reversing camera was above the no plate and was a pita
    so we had a good think and came up with this idea and is fantastic as you get a true direction picture not angled
    for the tow ball
    20140211_091340.jpg
    cut off loop leaving some on to attach the plate leaving enough space for camera
    drilled hole in posts and tapped then drilled hole for cable to go through bumper
    put togeather and screwed on camera plate / hooked up and alls well
    2007 GU 6 /ST-L / MYO8 / DIESEL/AUTO /MOONSTONE /pro vent 200
    OH LEATHER IS NICE

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to my third 256 For This Useful Post:

menace 2 (10th July 2014), threedogs (10th July 2014)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 1,062 Times in 615 Posts
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's a neat job. I think that a short length of steam pipe welded around it might protect it more.

I put mine up under the door handle out of the weather. I only need to see the towball so the trailer hitch doesn't hit the alloy step - which it has done only once before I had the camera and it annoys the hell out of me every time I look at it..
    I don't use it for reversing but it does help in tight parking when the towball is approaching someone's nice plastic bumper

I also fitted rear parking sensors..
    John

2001 GUII TI 4500 - Now converted to TD42T auto with Nomad valve body

Thanks
    Thanked 13,507 Times in 6,602 Posts
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I have mine above the number plate and love the view it give me. I can just see the sure of the spare tyre and can see within half a meter of the back of the car at ground level. It gives me a great field of view. The only mistake I made is to mount it directly under the number plate light and at night I have to reverse with my headlights off so the number plate light does not blind the camera.
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

menace 2 (10th July 2014)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thats is a neat job mate. Might go that one myself. Cheers

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does anyone have a mirror type camera and do you have issues with glare off the back door windows. Any solutions for this issue? Mine is also mounted on the numberplate but is hard to see in the mirror due to that glare.
    6.5 Chevy, roof rack, uhf, Spotties, dual batteries, ARB Bullbar, 12, 000lb winch, (unfortunately not Warn) Safari snorkel, Dieselgas conversion, 2in lift, engine watchdog fitted, boost/EGT guages, front elokka fitted, rear power supply mods, turbo timer, dual wheel carrier rear bar.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Ian2011. I have the mirror type camera and have power to the camera only when reverse is selected . I have tinted windows and the rear side windows are blocked out with the silver foil stuff also , never had glare issues at all with the mirror camera and reckon its been fitted close to two years now.
    The price of excellence is dicipline , the cost of mediocrity is dissapointment .

10. The Following User Says Thank You to boots For This Useful Post:

Ian2011 (16th July 2014)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Boots, guessing your rear tint is darker then standard Nissan issue? mine is also powered from reverse light and works well when you can actually see it.
    6.5 Chevy, roof rack, uhf, Spotties, dual batteries, ARB Bullbar, 12, 000lb winch, (unfortunately not Warn) Safari snorkel, Dieselgas conversion, 2in lift, engine watchdog fitted, boost/EGT guages, front elokka fitted, rear power supply mods, turbo timer, dual wheel carrier rear bar.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,963 Times in 7,394 Posts
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    some one here has camera mounted INSIDE rear back door and no problems with visibility.
    I had the rear vision mirror style but first time on a dirt road I was forever adjusting it.
    Never needed one so far even though I tow but its easy as to line up the camper,
    would rather look forward, maybe for ppl who have trouble parking I don't know
    04 ST 3lt auto, not enough Mods to keep me happy, but getting there

Thanks
    Thanked 13,507 Times in 6,602 Posts
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian2011 View Post
    Does anyone have a mirror type camera and do you have issues with glare off the back door windows. Any solutions for this issue? Mine is also mounted on the numberplate but is hard to see in the mirror due to that glare.

Mine is a Mirro one too and i have Zero Glare issues. I find the mirror has a tint to it which i dislike when using it as a mirror but when cam turns on day or night its crisp and clear and outstanding!
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    not a bad idea. mines next to the number plate near the rear door handle

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast