User Tag List

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Best Day Trip in WA

Thanks
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Try Atkins Road Mundaring. Runs off Mundaring Weir Road. You travel a K or two and turn left to Ledge Point bbq area, clearly marked and may be worth a look. It`ll eventually take you out through the pine forest and back on to Mundaring Weir Road. If you don`t turn left and keep going, it`ll eventually take you out the back of Coppin Road dump and use to connect up to Charles Road at one stage. There are a few tracks going off Atkins Road and have heard of CV hill is out there some where and I think you may have to turn left off the main track some where to get to it. Last time I went out that way, there were a few tracks fenced off stopping people using them. A nice area out that way.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Bush Ranger For This Useful Post:

Gecko17 (8th December 2014)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 1,135 Times in 573 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did the Murray River fire break road, in Lane Poole reserve, with Clunk, Big Col, Stropp and a few others a few weeks ago. Very easy drive with some very pretty countryside.

Is the Dwellingup track the one with the huge sand hill climb off the beach? That looks like a good run. (and some fishing to be done as well...)
    2006 Ser IV GU, 6.5l TD V8 Chev with 4spd Auto, 3in Lift, 35in Kumho's, 12000lb winch, Nissan snorkel, Diff breathers, lightbar + Lightforce HD spots on roofrack. Built to go bush.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,717 Times in 2,491 Posts
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gecko17 View Post
    Is the Dwellingup track the one with the huge sand hill climb off the beach? That looks like a good run. (and some fishing to be done as well...)
    mate i think you may be talking about yeagerup dunes that come up off the beach down near pemberton.
    2003 gu3 td42tdi sold 😞 bloody gvm towing crap. Bt50 3500kg gvm.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think you're right Stropp and am I also correct in thinking that that trip is not really a day trip? (I still want to do this Yeagerup trip!)
    2006 Ser IV GU, 6.5l TD V8 Chev with 4spd Auto, 3in Lift, 35in Kumho's, 12000lb winch, Nissan snorkel, Diff breathers, lightbar + Lightforce HD spots on roofrack. Built to go bush.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,640 Times in 3,287 Posts
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I think you're right Stropp and am I also correct in thinking that that trip is not really a day trip? (I still want to do this Yeagerup trip!)
    The "Huge Sand Hill" that is infamous down that way is Callcup Hill off Warren Beach and is a bit tougher than Yeagerup.

Callcup Dunes are the other side of the Warren River to Yeagerup Dunes.

Highly recommend a visit but much better to consider a trip down there as an overnighter (or more) as there are heaps of places to explore and play.
    Dolphins are so smart that within a few weeks of captivity, they can train people to stand on the very edge of the pool and throw them fish.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to the evil twin For This Useful Post:

Gecko17 (9th December 2014)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep as ET says yeagerup and callcup hill are the two that need to be tackled, you need at least an overnight stay or longer, I will be back down there between Xmas and new year

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Stropp For This Useful Post:

Gecko17 (9th December 2014)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    East of Mundaring there's some open state forest with quite a bunch of tracks wandering through it. Some mud to play with in winter too.

Here's a tracklog from about 6yrs ago:

Playing in mud/swamp crossing, lockers are good Adds much to the excitement when in a single vehicle on your own...

cheers,
    george.
    US: '97 S/C 1FZ 80 Cruiser White, locked^3,sliders,arb,kaymar,m12000,dual bats,King Remotes front/Radflo Remotes rear,LEDs,etc..... ki6ibx
    OZ: '80 T/C SD33 MQ Patrol White, locked F/R, rack,sliders,arb,tyre carrier,8274,dual bats,LEDs,etc....

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to georges80 For This Useful Post:

Avo (9th December 2014), Bigcol (24th March 2015), Clunk (13th January 2015), Gecko17 (9th December 2014)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stropp View Post
    Yep as ET says yeagerup and callcup hill are the two that need to be tackled, you need at least an overnight stay or longer, I will be back down there between Xmas and new year
    Let me know if you need company Stropp. I am home over Xmas and would love to see down that way!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Let me know if you need company Stropp. I am home over Xmas and would love to see down that way!
    mate i am going to denmark for xmas and then probably the 27th i will head to yeagerup and home new years eve, you are more that welcome if you want to come along, pm me your mobile number if you are not coming friday night to the xmas drinks.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did a trip last week starting at Gnomesville in the Ferguson Valley, through to Wellington dam for lunch (I reckon parts of that section in the wet would excite even the hardcore fellas). From there, off through Beela to come out at Harvey dam to camp the night. 10 hours all in all. Awesome day trip with a bit of everything for everyone.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to afatboy For This Useful Post:

93patrol (13th January 2015), Avo (1st February 2015), Clunk (13th January 2015)

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast