Thread: '04 4.2 Turbo Upgrade, East Coast

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

'04 4.2 Turbo Upgrade, East Coast

Apparently my 3" Viper exhaust is not compatible with some non-factory turbo kits being made on the west coast plus the fact I'm here in a 'rural' east coast NSW location is making a upgrade to my OEM turbo an interesting exercise. I really feel like I'm going to need the extra KW/N to pull the caravan we are considering an older Jayco Westport. Located in Jervis Bay area I would like to find someone that would provide an 18G like kit would be appreciated. PM's are fine .. I'm limited in time so finding a shop to do the work would be best.
    2004 4.2TD ST, Berrima Diesel Injector Tuned, Viper 3" SS exhaust, Cross Country Ultimate Intercooler, Solvaris sound proofing, DigOptions GPS/MMU, 220mm Roo Lights, PIONEER TS-D1602R 6.5" x 4 speakers, Autocar EGT&Boost gauges, Brown Davis 80L Aux, Icom 440, Alloy drawers and cargo barrier, 2" Amanda Extreme / Dobson / PolyAir lift, CSA mags with Toyo ATII tyres, Rhino Pioneer roof rack now with brackets, Performance 4x4 16g Large.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 5,663 Times in 3,158 Posts
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Why is it not compatible?

By kits in the west are you referring to UFI?

Most exhausts are generic in their bends etc. The turbo supplied with the UFI kit comes with a dump pipe and at the worst you may have to slightly modify this to suit your exhaust which is easily done by an exhaust shop.

You have already been to Berrima and I would keep going there. Can they source the kit and install for you?

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just sent you a PM.
    Regards
    2004 4.2TD ST, Berrima Diesel Injector Tuned, Viper 3" SS exhaust, Cross Country Ultimate Intercooler, Solvaris sound proofing, DigOptions GPS/MMU, 220mm Roo Lights, PIONEER TS-D1602R 6.5" x 4 speakers, Autocar EGT&Boost gauges, Brown Davis 80L Aux, Icom 440, Alloy drawers and cargo barrier, 2" Amanda Extreme / Dobson / PolyAir lift, CSA mags with Toyo ATII tyres, Rhino Pioneer roof rack now with brackets, Performance 4x4 16g Large.

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As said you'll just have to cut and shut your exhaust. No biggy.