User Tag List

Thread: mounting a 12volt water pump.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

mounting a 12volt water pump.

Just wondering about everyones thoughts. I have been setting up my camper and have a 12 volt water pump, I was going to mount it behind a mud guard, near the water tank underneath the floor, then just run the electrics back into the camper where the battery box is..
    I was going to then build a checker plate guard to go over the pump to stop any wayward stones or branches

It just I have seen some people put the pump on the outside of their battery box, but I don't want pumps/electrics being near each other
    GU Series 07/2013 Y61 Patrol -Bullbar and Spotties, Side Steps, 5 Speed Man, Newly added ARB Alloy Roof Cage, Snorkel

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 12,430 Times in 6,262 Posts
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Send Darren (MudrunnerTD) a message, he has just done this in his GU

Thanks
    Thanked 20,772 Times in 8,582 Posts
    Mentioned
    581 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Seen his set up first hand and its perfect!

Bladder lays across the rear seat footwell, lines run into behind the cargo barrier with pump and switch going to a bloody faucet mounted on the left hand barn door.

Hopefully he sees this and gets time to explain it but a very neat and effective set up!!!

The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,319 Times in 6,443 Posts
    Mentioned
    462 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    From my findings here. As close to the tank as possible is best. On my camper, I am mounting the pump under the trailer next to the tank. I will protect it using some heavy rubber sheeting, somehow. I have all the parts ready to go but have yet started as I need to rewire the entire trailer as well. Being a new trailer you wouldn't think I need to rewire but I found so many wires that have been stripped of their insulation is unbelievable. Plus it's winter, we won't be camping anytime soon so I have time.

Thanks
    Thanked 13,507 Times in 6,602 Posts
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    It will really depend on the pump you have mate. It Must self prime or your wasting your time.
    I mounted mine on the camper inside the camper tub and came up through the floor. Not ken to expose it to mud and sand and stones etc. I have had a pump fail on day one of a trip and do not have a hand [rimer on the camper! was a real Bugger! I held the pump together with emergency tape!! got through.

The set up the boys are talking about in my GU is basically the same thing but in the car. I have the pump mounted in the side well of the black widow drawers. It is a self priming pump with 4l/m output. Works a treat.
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Thanked 12,430 Times in 6,262 Posts
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AB View Post
    Seen his set up first hand and its perfect!

Bladder lays across the rear seat footwell, lines run into behind the cargo barrier with pump and switch going to a bloody faucet mounted on the left hand barn door.

Hopefully he sees this and gets time to explain it but a very neat and effective set up!!!
    I could not believe it when he sent me a video of it, gourmet! I want to fill that bladder with beer and have beer on tap in the Simmo!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Winnie For This Useful Post:

MudRunnerTD (23rd June 2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 13,507 Times in 6,602 Posts
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.