OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Page 67 of 69 FirstFirst ... 17576566676869 LastLast
Results 661 to 670 of 683

Thread: Jay see 1997 GU build up

  1. #661
    Legendary jay see's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    4,357
    Thanks
    4,528
    Thanked 3,764 Times in 2,030 Posts
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh I forgot.

    The inspection guy didn't pick up on the steering damper being completely gone. I have ordered a new efs one..

    Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk
    12/97 GEE YOU
    4.5lt Gas blower. Lots of mods to come.....all in good time.

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to jay see For This Useful Post:

    MB (3rd March 2024)

  3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Advertising world
    Posts
    Many

     

  4. #662
    Legendary jay see's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    4,357
    Thanks
    4,528
    Thanked 3,764 Times in 2,030 Posts
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I'm done.

    Trailing arms and a/c are getting done next week. I managed to do everything else.

    Fired it up and once it got to temp I now have the low oil pressure light on, bring the revs up to about 1200 rpm and beyond and it goes out. I can hear tappet noise when the light is on.
    I changed my oil with 20 50 and filter no difference. I've had the air intake off, changed the oil pressure switch and the rocket cover gasket over the last few days.


    I've never had that light come on before.

    Any ideas.

    Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk
    12/97 GEE YOU
    4.5lt Gas blower. Lots of mods to come.....all in good time.

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to jay see For This Useful Post:

    MB (30th March 2024)

  6. #663
    The master farter
    mudski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Eltham North
    Posts
    15,612
    Thanks
    8,673
    Thanked 11,285 Times in 6,437 Posts
    Mentioned
    460 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jay see View Post
    Oh I forgot.

    The inspection guy didn't pick up on the steering damper being completely gone. I have ordered a new efs one..

    Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk
    Haha mine fell off during my recent trip up to SW QLD. I drove another 2000ks without it on. Couldn’t even tell.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to mudski For This Useful Post:

    Stropp (31st March 2024)

  8. #664
    The master farter
    mudski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Eltham North
    Posts
    15,612
    Thanks
    8,673
    Thanked 11,285 Times in 6,437 Posts
    Mentioned
    460 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jay see View Post
    Well I'm done.

    Trailing arms and a/c are getting done next week. I managed to do everything else.

    Fired it up and once it got to temp I now have the low oil pressure light on, bring the revs up to about 1200 rpm and beyond and it goes out. I can hear tappet noise when the light is on.
    I changed my oil with 20 50 and filter no difference. I've had the air intake off, changed the oil pressure switch and the rocket cover gasket over the last few days.


    I've never had that light come on before.

    Any ideas.

    Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk
    Take the rocker cover off and start the engine up. If oil squirts everywhere you have a dodgy switch. Or put an aftermarket oil pressure gauge in and go with that.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mudski For This Useful Post:

    jay see (5th March 2024), Rossco (6th March 2024)

  10. #665
    Legendary jay see's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    4,357
    Thanks
    4,528
    Thanked 3,764 Times in 2,030 Posts
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now I'm pretty sure that this is wrong and now is the time to fix it.

    I have a 10 blade fuse box and a 120amp breaker with 4 awg cable.

    You can see that everything is pretty close.

    At the most I'll be running 2 fridges, a freezer, the little 12v oven (while the car is driving)and then it's lights and charging points. If I was to assume 10 amp per slot = 100 amp breaker. I know that I'm not at 10 amp for every slot, so will a 70 amp breaker work and what size cable should I be using.

    While I'm on the topic, sort of..

    Is this worth it. It pwm not mppt.
    Last edited by jay see; 30th March 2024 at 11:04 AM.
    12/97 GEE YOU
    4.5lt Gas blower. Lots of mods to come.....all in good time.

  11. #666
    Expert Brissieboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Brisbane, Qld
    Posts
    345
    Thanks
    84
    Thanked 417 Times in 206 Posts
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You need to make sure that a short circuit at the end of the run is sufficient to trip the breaker. With a 12V supply and a 70A breaker that means a total fault circuit resistance (battery + to battery -) is less than 0.17 ohms (Ohms law R = E/I). It is the resistance that drives what size cable you should use, but bigger is usually better where 12V is concerned. The low value fuses will protect individual circuits (assuming similar principles are applied) but that big breaker needs to protect the main power buss. And it should be as close as possible to the battery.

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to Brissieboy For This Useful Post:

    10G (8th April 2024)

  13. #667
    Legendary jay see's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    4,357
    Thanks
    4,528
    Thanked 3,764 Times in 2,030 Posts
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brissieboy View Post
    You need to make sure that a short circuit at the end of the run is sufficient to trip the breaker. With a 12V supply and a 70A breaker that means a total fault circuit resistance (battery + to battery -) is less than 0.17 ohms (Ohms law R = E/I). It is the resistance that drives what size cable you should use, but bigger is usually better where 12V is concerned. The low value fuses will protect individual circuits (assuming similar principles are applied) but that big breaker needs to protect the main power buss. And it should be as close as possible to the battery.
    Cheers mate.

    I do understand what you're saying to a certain extent. I know how it should all work, just don't understand the values. Your equation of Ohms law went flying over my head..

    Thanks for your input..

    Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk
    12/97 GEE YOU
    4.5lt Gas blower. Lots of mods to come.....all in good time.

  14. #668
    Legendary jay see's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    4,357
    Thanks
    4,528
    Thanked 3,764 Times in 2,030 Posts
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay brainiacs need some help here.

    How can I mount the fridge securely. It's going to sit on the gray plate so even if it's securely mounted to that, it's only two bolts at the front to remove the whole thing.

    The case only has the four eyelets on each corner and the handles are molded.

    Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk
    12/97 GEE YOU
    4.5lt Gas blower. Lots of mods to come.....all in good time.

  15. #669
    Patrol Freak
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    lower west victoria
    Posts
    1,470
    Thanks
    998
    Thanked 1,337 Times in 764 Posts
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If the fridge has handles, tie it down with them. You could connect the strap you use to connect to the 2 bolts at the front and someplace at the rear. If you just tie down the front you may find the fridge bounces up and down fron those 2 front bolts.

    I wouldn't trust the tie downs on the bag, the bag will just rip I reckon.
    ..

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to 10G For This Useful Post:

    jay see (8th April 2024)

  17. #670
    Patrol Freak
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    lower west victoria
    Posts
    1,470
    Thanks
    998
    Thanked 1,337 Times in 764 Posts
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jay see View Post
    Now I'm pretty sure that this is wrong and now is the time to fix it.

    I have a 10 blade fuse box and a 120amp breaker with 4 awg cable.

    You can see that everything is pretty close.

    At the most I'll be running 2 fridges, a freezer, the little 12v oven (while the car is driving)and then it's lights and charging points. If I was to assume 10 amp per slot = 100 amp breaker. I know that I'm not at 10 amp for every slot, so will a 70 amp breaker work and what size cable should I be using.

    While I'm on the topic, sort of..

    Is this worth it. It pwm not mppt.
    I'm pretty sure in the past I used a similar setup protecting a similar load and my main cct breaker was only 60 amps.

    And as BrissieBoy said, keep all your fuses as close to the battery as possible.
    ..

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to 10G For This Useful Post:

    jay see (8th April 2024)

Page 67 of 69 FirstFirst ... 17576566676869 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •