Page 73 of 73 FirstFirst ... 2363717273

Thread: Jay see 1997 GU build up

Thanks
    Thanked 11,383 Times in 5,016 Posts
    Mentioned
    474 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @PeeBee Philstar, what would happen if @jaysee Brother installed a tyre valve in the cap instead of a breather and linked up his onboard air compressor to force water out of its lowest point gravity tube? Could the air pressure Archimedes style push every last droplet uphill to a comfortable collection height?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Legendary
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,826 Times in 2,730 Posts
    Mentioned
    195 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MB View Post
    @PeeBee Philstar, what would happen if @jaysee Brother installed a tyre valve in the cap instead of a breather and linked up his onboard air compressor to force water out of its lowest point gravity tube? Could the air pressure Archimedes style push every last droplet uphill to a comfortable collection height?

Yep, but the increase in pressure only needs to be a poofteenth to generate massive velocity out the nozzle ( 5PSI across the total area of the tank is a massive discharge force.). What I dont like about that idea , is the water jet is going to be very fast so more splashy and likely to waste more than say a steady stream via gravity, plus you need to switch it off pretty quickly as the pressure will build fast and get progressively worse - FAST.. I guess if you want to wash a car or similar the added velocity which will equate to volume is fine but for a billie fill or a quick wash of the hands , slow and steady would be my pick. I think I have mentioned before that Jenny and I burned thru 30L in two days at dalhousie because it was 28 deg and the springs well above that, and we didn't waste any, decanted it from a jerry with a hand pump. The electric pumps are a quick way to lose track of your fixed water storage in my view, but you know, its connected now, and there for a reason and choice, it works, get used to it I guess and see how it goes - easy to convert to gravity if it becomes a problem.

Regards the discharge height, well my water tank hoses hand out the door and terminate about 8" off the ground so pot filling and hand washing is not too bad. - Just a comparison but maybe work considering also as pots are on stable ground as well instead of trying to do the octopus 5 arm shuffle.
    Last edited by PeeBee; 22nd May 2024 at 09:32 PM.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to PeeBee For This Useful Post:

MB (22nd May 2024)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    474 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Apologies @jaysee
    Philstar, what if the air compressor (onboard always and needed offroad anyway) was permanently connected to a water tank with a basic pressure small lightweight valve/regulator? Of course the hose sump/outlet would need a severely reduced end on it with a valve/tap for water trickle if needed careful saving or high pressure squirting potential?

Thanks
    Thanked 3,824 Times in 2,056 Posts
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No need to worry about it guys, no on board compressor..

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk
    12/97 GEE YOU
    4.5lt Gas blower. Lots of mods to come.....all in good time.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jay see For This Useful Post:

MB (22nd May 2024), PeeBee (22nd May 2024)

Legendary
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    195 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MB View Post
    Apologies @jaysee
    Philstar, what if the air compressor (onboard always and needed offroad anyway) was permanently connected to a water tank with a basic pressure small lightweight valve/regulator? Of course the hose sump/outlet would need a severely reduced end on it with a valve/tap for water trickle if needed careful saving or high pressure squirting potential?

I would run a pressure regulator limited to no more than 5psi. Anything more and the tank could split. Running pressure in a plastic tank is asking for problems.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to PeeBee For This Useful Post:

MB (22nd May 2024)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    474 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jay see 1997 GU build up

Apologies John Mate, I take full blame for bastardising temporarily your Build Thread Brother
    Pictorially, in sequence, I guess this is what I was trying to suggest to Philstar:

The first three (3) photo examples are similar to what we use at work to connect to mains water garden hoses to vary between taking a trickle sip of water when thirsty in the yard to also carefully blasting truck radiators or full tilt mud blasting pinpoint out of their tipper corners at a long distance etc…

Last edited by MB; 22nd May 2024 at 10:56 PM.

Legendary
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    195 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep, I get it, but NO, leave it as it is if you want the pump and pressure would be my recommendation.

Page 73 of 73 FirstFirst ... 2363717273