Thread: Telstra @#$%

Thanks
    Thanked 5,663 Times in 3,158 Posts
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Telstra @#$%

Im not sure on the ruling of this but I will post anyway. Mods feel free to do whatever.

I will try and keep and short. The missus and I went to Telstra to get our accounts combined and a better deal (I know they don't go together). So prior to the change I had a wireless device and my mobile with an added data pack, Sharee had her phone also with an added data pack. Now this was a little costly, so leaving Telstra (this was nearly 3 months ago by the way) we had our accounts combined and a 50gb ADSL connection for the house, since we now had 50gb to use at home the additional data packs on our mobiles were removed and once the internet connected the wireless device would be cutoff.

Now Telstra has been unable to supply us with an internet service and with no extra data we are now having issues exceeding our data limit and we all know what charges are like once the limit is exceeded. So excessive phone bills are now being received and Telstra have basically said they have done everything, its like I live to close to the city to be covered by "the best network in the country" and to be honest there current tv ad campaign spruiking on about how they cover 1 million more square km than their nearest provider does not fit with what they tell me lol.

So after all that Im just wondering if anyone has had any experience or advise on who to talk to, where to go etc etc. It really does annoy me that these big companies which are only made because of us little people start to push their weight around and try to get you to buckle and pay their fees.

Thanks guys

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 5,115 Times in 2,901 Posts
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know this won't help your cause, but I had this very problem, exceeding my data last month With the excess data side of the bill being $578 Luckily for me it is capped at $160. Rang up my service provider and said since I've been a good boy they will give me a maximum credit allowable by the company of $140 and I pay the remainder on the proviso that I purchase a $20 data pack to cover the remainder of the month. I said fine, so my bill was suppose to equate to about $90-100 total. I get the bill today and says I owe $228. Slight steam escaping from ears and another phone call to fix their f##k up of my f##k up. Lol
    Last edited by MudRunnerTD; 13th June 2014 at 01:06 AM.
    2011 GU8 ST 3.0 CRD, ARB Bullbar with IPF spotties, scrub bars and side steps, Snorkel, Dual Battery system, Waeco fridge, Turbo Timer, ARB Roof Rack with 5 IPF spotties across the front, Custom full Leather Bucket seats, DPchip, 3" Taipan exhaust, ARE Intercooler & scoop, Autron EGT/Boost and dual volt gauges, ARB front locker.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to MEGOMONSTER For This Useful Post:

nissannewby (13th June 2014)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    keep pushing up the ladder don't get off the phone till your satisfied you will get there.
    07 crd,,bridgestone 697lt, 2.75 buedesert ex, SOLD theres a lot of my blood, sweat and money in that troll.

92 gq ti tb42efi my brothers gq extractors dual batteries brake controller uhf alloy bullbar SOLD with a heavy heart but gone to a nice young fella

13 y62 the beast that burbles

6. The Following User Says Thank You to kevin07 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 4,717 Times in 2,491 Posts
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Call and ask to speak to a supervisor it's called escalation or you will put in a formal complaint with the communications ombudsman (I worked for Telstra) so this will definitely help, if you don't get satisfaction go ahead with the call to the ombudsman, things will move quickly once you do.
    2003 gu3 td42tdi sold 😞 bloody gvm towing crap. Bt50 3500kg gvm.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Stropp For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 7,424 Times in 3,003 Posts
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can’t help but just want to commiserate Matt. I’m having a fight with our water company at the moment over our first bill at our new house..... for almost $700 when it should have been under $60. What really pisses me off about these companies when they stuff up is that it us, the bunnies, the customers who have to do all the ‘running around’ to sort out their mistakes. There is something fundamentally wrong when they stuff up & place no value whatsoever on my time AND they treat the issue only as one of ‘loss of income’ for them rather than having any sense of fairness & justice to their customers. Prior to involving the ombudsman today the best the company have been prepared to ‘offer’ is a ‘rebated’ bill of $400, with a ‘rebate’ being allowed once in 5 years. ie. continuing to treat us as though the fault is ours, not theirs! I see no reason why we should pay almost $350 more than what we should owe because they failed to take a meter reading after being informed of the property sale settlement date. Grrrrrrr.

2006 4.2TDi ex-Telstra Remote area Camper. 425w roof mounted solar, 360Ah Aux batts, BCDC1240, Onboard hot & cold pressurised & filtered water, (25 litre hot water calorifier), ARB fridge, ARB freezer, Built in kitchen, heaps of easy access storage, 240v, 3” Genie exhaust + dynotune, 2” lift, 3900kg GVM upgrade, second glovebox, ROH Blaktrak steel wheels, Bridgestone D697's (now Toyo RT's), Redarc gauges/pillarpod, Hema HX-1, Icom 450 CB, dual rear view cameras, Onboard 30amp Victron mains charger, second glovebox, dual seat conversion, TPMS, Boss PX7 onboard air with 9 litre tank, 350w inverter, Steel bullbar, Harrop Eaton diff lock (front), Warn winch, Snorkel, Dual spares , 160 litre water tank, 180 litre fuel in two tanks (approx 1200km range) 2010 Tvan Tanami. (incl another 70 litre water tank) with matching wheels/tyres (& 3rd spare)
    A Nomadic Life (Blog)

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Cuppa For This Useful Post:

Hardcore
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,196 Times in 881 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nissannewby View Post
    Im not sure on the ruling of this but I will post anyway. Mods feel free to do whatever.

I will try and keep and short. The missus and I went to Telstra to get our accounts combined and a better deal (I know they don't go together). So prior to the change I had a wireless device and my mobile with an added data pack, Sharee had her phone also with an added data pack. Now this was a little costly, so leaving Telstra (this was nearly 3 months ago by the way) we had our accounts combined and a 50gb ADSL connection for the house, since we now had 50gb to use at home the additional data packs on our mobiles were removed and once the internet connected the wireless device would be cutoff.

Now Telstra has been unable to supply us with an internet service and with no extra data we are now having issues exceeding our data limit and we all know what charges are like once the limit is exceeded. So excessive phone bills are now being received and Telstra have basically said they have done everything, its like I live to close to the city to be covered by "the best network in the country" and to be honest there current tv ad campaign spruiking on about how they cover 1 million more square km than their nearest provider does not fit with what they tell me lol.

So after all that Im just wondering if anyone has had any experience or advise on who to talk to, where to go etc etc. It really does annoy me that these big companies which are only made because of us little people start to push their weight around and try to get you to buckle and pay their fees.

Thanks guys
    G'day Matt,

As per Stropps advice, file a formal complaint with the telecommunications ombudsman's office, they will ask you for the following;

"If you have made a complaint to your telecommunications service provider and it is unresolved, you can lodge a complaint with us online. Have any relevant information handy when you lodge your complaint, for example, dates of important events and names of people you have spoken to."

Hours
    Our office hours are 9am to 5.30pm Monday to Friday, Australian Eastern Standard Time (Australian Eastern Daylight Time when daylight savings is in effect)

Complaints and enquiries
    Phone 1800 062 058 (Free from landlines, standard rates apply for calls from mobiles). If you call from a mobile you can ask us to call you back.

Use our online complaint form
    You can also use this form to update us about your complaint. tio@tio.com.au

Regards,

Paul
    The halls been rented the bands been paid, time to see you dance!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to PMC For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,062 Times in 938 Posts
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Telstra played the same game here, sending me a text message to say id used 68% of my mobile data allowance, id stop using the ph straight away (manually turn data OFF) then 20 min later id get another text saying id used 106% of my data !(of course then im getting charged penalty rates)

This happened a couple of times, it took a few calls asking why they even bother to me a text, sounds like a deliberate trap, and I cant understand how it can be legal to conduct themselves in such manner, ended up getting a refund for all extra charges.

So yeh, don't give up Mat, they are pro's at scamming you into extra charges, its complete BS, I used to wonder how teenagers could rack up $1000 bills without knowing, after being with Telstra less than 12 months myself, I can now fully understand how it happens.

Soon as my plan is over im switching back to pre-paid, at least when you've used your credit, they tell you straight away, and no extra/penalty charges ever, and you can top up credit over the phone, its sooooo much less hassle.IMO
    <a href=http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j320/02ard/PatrolcomAvatar-1-1.jpg target=_blank>http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j3...Avatar-1-1.jpg</a>

14. The Following User Says Thank You to 04OFF For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stropp View Post
    Call and ask to speak to a supervisor it's called escalation or you will put in a formal complaint with the communications ombudsman (I worked for Telstra) so this will definitely help, if you don't get satisfaction go ahead with the call to the ombudsman, things will move quickly once you do.
    Yeah I have already escalated it and was even assigned a case manager and still no resolve it's like they think "oh he's in a contract so he has to pay anyway" and the really don't give a fark if I get what I want. I think I will contact the ombudsman and see what my best option is in regards to canceling it all so I can actually go elsewhere and get a better deal.

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,110 Times in 3,143 Posts
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Had a fight with hellstra many times. Every time their stuff up. In the end everything was resolved, refund was given but at a cost of me ringing around and a lot of frustration.
    Largest issue is a language barrier.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Forum Runner
    2005 TD42TI

Thanks
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kevin07 View Post
    keep pushing up the ladder don't get off the phone till your satisfied you will get there.
    I really do not have that much time to sit on the phone, I have spent hours on hold to basically take 2 steps forward and 3 steps back not to mention you can't seem to talk to anyone remotely of English speaking back ground.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast