Thread: Defence Force Members past & present

Thanks
    Thanked 6,640 Times in 3,287 Posts
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stropp View Post
    probably saw worse that that when he was a real soldier.
    ... esp if he was posted to the same Unit as Lambie
    Dolphins are so smart that within a few weeks of captivity, they can train people to stand on the very edge of the pool and throw them fish.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to the evil twin For This Useful Post:

PMC (2nd January 2015)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Subscribed to thread.
    02 GU ZD30 Auto, NADS, Setting up for touring and camping, Best thing is the missus loves driving it to..

Hardcore
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,196 Times in 881 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NP99 View Post
    Don't tell anyone, I have leaked pictures of the latest defence all terrain vehicle.....
    Gezz, mate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Remember your training SIR !!!!!!!!!!!!!! loose lips sink ships! lol

Regards,

PMC
    The halls been rented the bands been paid, time to see you dance!

Thanks
    Thanked 6,640 Times in 3,287 Posts
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PMC View Post
    Gezz, mate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Remember your training SIR !!!!!!!!!!!!!! loose lips sink ships! lol

Regards,

PMC
    Thats why I joined the RAAF... no one has figured out how to sink a RAAF base.
    Plus sending the Officers out to fight while the troops head to the boozer makes a lot of sense to me.
    Dolphins are so smart that within a few weeks of captivity, they can train people to stand on the very edge of the pool and throw them fish.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to the evil twin For This Useful Post:

NP99 (2nd January 2015), Stropp (2nd January 2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,135 Times in 573 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With the Centenary coming up, has anyone seen any ANZAC shirts? Most of the ones I have seen seem to only have the Australian flag on them...
    2006 Ser IV GU, 6.5l TD V8 Chev with 4spd Auto, 3in Lift, 35in Kumho's, 12000lb winch, Nissan snorkel, Diff breathers, lightbar + Lightforce HD spots on roofrack. Built to go bush.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Gecko17 For This Useful Post:

oncedisturbed (17th January 2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,903 Times in 1,096 Posts
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gecko17 View Post
    With the Centenary coming up, has anyone seen any ANZAC shirts? Most of the ones I have seen seem to only have the Australian flag on them...
    The RSL have some and I think the National ANZAC Centre in Albany have some as well.

I will have a chat to Derek later and see where he got his fromm.
    2009 GU ST 4.8L AUTO WAGON, 2" OME LIFT, 33" A/T'S, ARB DELUXE BAR, WARN XD9000 WINCH, NARVA 170 SPOTTIES, SCRUB BARS / SIDE STEPS, LONG RANGE TANK, DUALL BATTS, REAR DRAWER SYSTEM, ARB AWNING, KAYMAR REAR WHEEL CARRIER, 3" ZORST

www.swat4x4.com

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did anyone watch "Footprints of War"? From the promo:
    Footprints of War explores two antagonistic logics: one of strength and conflict versus the logic of life and balance. Beyond the physical scars left on a landscape, our planet is confronted by serious side effects of modern warfare that are more than just expensive to clean up. What does a war mean to our ecosystem and how is the global eco-balance affected? Can a modern war be eco-friendly? What does it mean when a military machinery is put into motion, what resources are needed and how much are used? This documentary looks back at our world's history, starting with the battlefields of World War I as one of the birthplaces of modern ecocide.

I watched most of this doco in amazement as it explained exactly how much 'war junk' lies below the waves on the ocean floors around the world...enough to destroy the world several times over according to the show's narrator. Whilst the munitions are indeed related largely to 20th Century military adventure, it was the governments and military chiefs of the day that signed off on ocean disposal; I presume under the human failing of if it is not seen then it is not a problem and, if it is to become a problem, then keep it hidden long enough to become someone else's lot in life.

The documentary is an alarming wake-up call as decades on the ocean floor have corroded the millions of munitions containers and shells to the point of causing leakage which, as the show explains, will impact not only on the environment but also on the sea life - sea life that is also caught for human consumption though, as the doco states, there has yet to be any serious study into the effects on sea life by chemical weapons (does your box of Birdseye Fish Fingers glow in the dark???).

U.S. Congress has recently began to focus on the U.S. Military and its illegal dumping of chemical weapons and hazardous nuclear waste (which had been conducted up until the early 1970's before being banned by US law and international treaty) with much of dumping being done off foreign shores (the countries were never notified apparently) with some site locations still highly classified and the issue largely ignored with nothing to mitigate the risk nor has little consideration been given to the long-term effects of such dumping other than the fact that it is now recognised as an environmental issue.

Discarded munitions are constantly being found by trawlers dredging the ocean floors or surveying for new oil platforms or making way for communications pipelines. The doco showed period footage, taken shortly after WW2, of allied military personnel casually rolling countless numbers of artillery shells off the sides of landing craft into the ocean - I doubt they thought about the implications decades down the track - after all, they had just won a world war that had killed upwards of 50 million lives...will the ticking time bombs that continue to leak on the ocean floors eventually cost more???

If anybody is interested, the link below contains publically available information on Sea Dumping in Australia available at:
    http://www.hydro.gov.au/n2m/dumping/dumping.htm
    The AHS show UXO areas (ammunition, boats, chemical etc) on nautical charts where possible.

It is quite amazing how much stuff is out there.
    2006 GUIV DX 4.2 TDI Ute, Bullbar with Warn winch, Narva round spotties, scrub bars and side steps, Snorkel, Dual Battery system, Waeco fridge, 2 x Narva spotties an 80W solor panel on roof, Custom tray, 3" Redback exhaust, Bluemax 2 - EGT/Boost Oil press/Temp and dual volt gauges, Lifted, front locked and fully loaded......
    If you can't stand behind our troops, feel free to stand in front of them!

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hardyards For This Useful Post:

Bob (4th February 2015), Clunk (4th February 2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,868 Times in 3,667 Posts
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yep I watched it and I was also amazed!
    Some crazy statistics.
    Enough cyanide to kill every human on the planet dumped in rusting barrels in the sea between Ireland and England.

In the Iraq war the American army alone used the same amount of fuel as was used in the entire ww2, every year.

%6 of industry over the entire history of man has been for warfare
    Hello from Under Down Under!

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to taslucas For This Useful Post:

Clunk (4th February 2015), Hardyards (4th February 2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,210 Times in 1,286 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Still relevant
    Attached Images Attached Images
    1999 GU 4500 dual fuel

Il dado è tratto

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to NP99 For This Useful Post:

Avo (22nd August 2015), Clunk (22nd August 2015), Skitzyrex (22nd August 2015), TPC (22nd August 2015)

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112