Thanks
    Thanked 4,041 Times in 1,746 Posts
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Winnie View Post
    Why are you asking us mate? Do it!
    Because he is trying to distract you from the fact he bought a land cruiser. Whoops I wasn't supposed to say that :/
    96 GQ coil/Cab
    08 G6eT

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 1,627 Times in 1,041 Posts
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You'll be able to pick up a great Ti like i did for 10k or even cheaper Matty! I found one that didn't have lpg so i could do anything with it and if your lucky the TD could bolt up to the auto aswell, now that would be an ultimate tourer/ family car!!!

Coz of the age of the leather i treat mine every 3 months so it doesn't crack but its the best to clean up, if its dusty/ muddy just wipe it clean. If you spill anything on it you can wipe it off, but lets not forget Duel zone cooling!!!

Thanks
    Thanked 5,663 Times in 3,158 Posts
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MudRunnerTD View Post
    A 2005 GUIV would be an awesome car for the transplant. The leather will be good for kids although I have fitted a Black Duck rear seat cover and it is doing a great job.

DO IT MAN!!!
    Funny you say that. We found a 2008 wagon with a dud CRD in it for $8500 but I can't put a 4.2 in it and did think about a duramax conversion but it's a little out of my price range.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by boots View Post
    What YOU want and your partner want could be very different mate . Have you discussed it with her first ? after all if its gunna be the family rig then both of you have to be happy with the choice , or do you have another vehicle in the mix .
    Yeah mate we have she actually put me onto the idea we are both very much enthusiasts so if we can have something we can take bub with us then great.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to nissannewby For This Useful Post:

boots (2nd June 2014)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AB View Post
    I'm assuming this vehicle will be mostly driven by your better half mate?
    Possibly we do have a Carolla at the moment which is much cheaper than any patrol to drive daily.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben-e-boy View Post
    Because he is trying to distract you from the fact he bought a land cruiser. Whoops I wasn't supposed to say that :/
    Haha. Well we do own a Carolla which is probably just as capable as a land cruiser anyway lol.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,891 Times in 3,651 Posts
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yep, get an old 3L and drive it. You will sell the 4.2 in no time

I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alitis007 View Post
    You'll be able to pick up a great Ti like i did for 10k or even cheaper Matty! I found one that didn't have lpg so i could do anything with it and if your lucky the TD could bolt up to the auto aswell, now that would be an ultimate tourer/ family car!!!

Coz of the age of the leather i treat mine every 3 months so it doesn't crack but its the best to clean up, if its dusty/ muddy just wipe it clean. If you spill anything on it you can wipe it off, but lets not forget Duel zone cooling!!!
    Yeah mate I hear you. Like I said in the op I have found a couple in the sub 12k bracket with low k's for their age. I already have a donor motor so it's just accessories and possible adaptors for the auto. I'm pretty sure wholesale autos do something to bolt the td to the 4.5 auto.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,882 Times in 3,232 Posts
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nissannewby View Post
    Leather is easy to clean though.
    Certainly easier 2 clean Matt but if you get lax with the treatments they quickly turn 2 sh!t. I also found with baby seats the belt that goes from the seat down to the anchor point kills the leather seat.

As wa said Kids destroy cars!
    Time is never wasted when your wasted all the time

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,627 Times in 1,041 Posts
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nissannewby View Post
    Yeah mate I hear you. Like I said in the op I have found a couple in the sub 12k bracket with low k's for their age. I already have a donor motor so it's just accessories and possible adaptors for the auto. I'm pretty sure wholesale autos do something to bolt the td to the 4.5 auto.
    Mate, mine was advertised for over 13k but still got it for a cheap price, transferred and 6 months of rego lol. Your already infront with the spare motor so all you'll really need to do is make sure the fuel lines are the same size, remove the fuel pump in the main tank and fit a pick up for diesel or even a low pressure high volume prime pump like some of the newer diesels run. The 45 is pretty much just like the tb42 so you could be lucky enough that the blocks are the same with engine mounts and bell housing the same size and all you'll really need is an aftermarket TCM to change the shift points lower to suit your torque curve coz the 45 uses its TPS to do do that. Only fault i can pick with these auto's is the seals go hard and they delay going into drive from neutral but apart from that i haven't killed mine yet so thats a winner in my book lol.

If you want mate take some measurements from your ute and spare motor or where the engine mounts are and across the bell housing and i'll get mine on the hoist and to the same to see if they're the same, maybe it'll make your decision easier lol

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast