Page 3 of 46 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Rockets Wagon

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the world of Patrol's
    Like the mods you've done mate, no doubt it'll be just the tip of the iceberg.
    Don't worry about playing with the LSD, they're nothing like the Toyota offering (which is limited and it slips)
    Nissan LSD are built as a cone, so even with a worn clutch pack, the design is suck that it will still provide positive lockup, one of the reasons a lot of the guys in toy it's put them under comp trucks.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorculture mobile app

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm keen to find out and see what it's like, but need to get some sliders under it first (there're on order currently) and get a bit of lift under it to stop it dragging it's arse on the ground, can't believe how low they are as stockers. If I took it out with my mates where we usually go, there'd be nothing left of the sills :-(
    Last edited by Rocket55; 12th September 2014 at 08:24 AM.
    Cheers Rod

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,830 Times in 1,250 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What brand sliders you getting ?

Thanks
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've got a set of Bolsy's on order, hopefully be here next week or there abouts.

Next on the list is suspension and a rear bar.

What's to go with bash plates under these things? Back in my IFS Hilux world, front bash plates were one of the first things you did as the stock ones weren't any better than a piece of alfoil. But all my Patrol has is a plastic wind deflector ;-) yet there doesn't seem to be much talk about it or market for it, or have I just been living under a rock..
    Cheers Rod

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Rocket55 For This Useful Post:

megatexture (4th October 2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,997 Times in 2,911 Posts
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocket55 View Post
    What's to go with bash plates under these things? Back in my IFS Hilux world, front bash plates were one of the first things you did as the stock ones weren't any better than a piece of alfoil. But all my Patrol has is a plastic wind deflector ;-) yet there doesn't seem to be much talk about it or market for it, or have I just been living under a rock..
    Hey Rod,

the Bloke who makes the "Harris Hardcase" did a limited run of steering damper protectors to replace that plastic piece of rubbish tucked under the front, but i dont think he is doing any more. apart from that i dont know of anyone who is doing/has done them?

cheers, Nic
    I got red dust in my veins.

Check out My Rig here: Broken

Pics of Forum trips I've Been on:
    Pizza at AB's - 2012 Knockwood - 2013 Krissos Place Australia Day - 2015 Pizza at AB's - March 2015 Pizza at AB's - May 2015 Dargo - 2015 Newnes - 2016

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    its made by mal H his thread is Here

the Hardnose looks like this:

IMG_5568.jpg

Pizza at AB's - 2012 Knockwood - 2013 Krissos Place Australia Day - 2015 Pizza at AB's - March 2015 Pizza at AB's - May 2015 Dargo - 2015 Newnes - 2016

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Nic, looks like something else to add to the list. I'm surprised I haven't heard more about this type of armour, as the Patrols definitely lead with their diff..
    Cheers Rod

Thanks
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Generally its because the diffs are tough as but I guess everything has a breaking point
    2004 4.2TDi GU ST Ute, 3" Exhaust, UHF, Lightforce Spotties, BFG All Terrains, Steel Winchbar, Winch, Dual Batts, CC Ultimate IC, 4" Snorkel, XLR8 Steps and Scrub bar

Thanks
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well bit of an update today, I've been slowly accumulating bits and pieces and decided to tackle a few jobs. First up was to remove the stupid sunglass holder that my sunnies don't fit in anyway and replace it with a functional almost factory looking switch panel..

First up prime and paint the panel

Then remove the overhead console and the sunglass holder

Make up some little aluminium retaining clips and secure the new switch panel

Now the fun part. Remove all the bits that hold the headlining up and the A pillar cover. I was going to use trailer wire but the stuff I had was to thin, so I just ran 6 x 3mm twin core up there.

Cable tied them all together and to a roof support so they don't rattle in the roof and run them down the A pillar to a Baintech 6 way fuse block

Install the switches, wire them up and put it all back together.

While the roof was apart I installed my dash cam and also finished off the electrical installation of my DVD headrests.
    Cheers Rod

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rocket55 For This Useful Post:

AJTich (6th July 2015), LaughingBeagles (6th July 2015), rusty_nail (22nd September 2014)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocket55 View Post
    Well bit of an update today, I've been slowly accumulating bits and pieces and decided to tackle a few jobs. First up was to remove the stupid sunglass holder that my sunnies don't fit in anyway and replace it with a functional almost factory looking switch panel..

First up prime and paint the panel

Then remove the overhead console and the sunglass holder

Make up some little aluminium retaining clips and secure the new switch panel

Now the fun part. Remove all the bits that hold the headlining up and the A pillar cover. I was going to use trailer wire but the stuff I had was to thin, so I just ran 6 x 3mm twin core up there.

Cable tied them all together and to a roof support so they don't rattle in the roof and run them down the A pillar to a Baintech 6 way fuse block

Install the switches, wire them up and put it all back together.

While the roof was apart I installed my dash cam and also finished off the electrical installation of my DVD headrests.
    thats really neat mate. and yeah the glasses holder has always baffled me abit... totally useless for anything but blind people specs...

Page 3 of 46 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast