Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Diesel hard to start hot.

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Right so I have had the injector pump rebuilt. Put the pump back in and dialed in it in at .72 which was as close as I could get it. It still seems to wind over about 5 or 6 times before it starts when hot. I'm thinking the lift pump now. The pump was worn a little so Alberts diesel said, so it was a good move to get that fixed and it is a little better to start but still not perfect yet.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 6,915 Times in 2,749 Posts
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Grrr bloody annoying, good luck with it. Good to see how the lift pump goes, hopefully well.

Haven't touched mine yet, should get round to it soon, been a bit busy. . .

The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,261 Times in 6,427 Posts
    Mentioned
    460 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rossco View Post
    Grrr bloody annoying, good luck with it. Good to see how the lift pump goes, hopefully well.

Haven't touched mine yet, should get round to it soon, been a bit busy. . .
    Wow Rossco. You still having issues with your pump?

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Thanked 6,915 Times in 2,749 Posts
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mudski View Post
    Wow Rossco. You still having issues with your pump?

Yeah still temperamental to start, sometimes good but most times takes a fair bit. The running away issue is sorted but need to take it back again to hopefully get it to start nice. Might try and get into it this week maybe.

The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,261 Times in 6,427 Posts
    Mentioned
    460 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rossco View Post
    Yeah still temperamental to start, sometimes good but most times takes a fair bit. The running away issue is sorted but need to take it back again to hopefully get it to start nice. Might try and get into it this week maybe.
    I keep meaning to ask JPC about why there is a one way valve inbetween the filter and pump. I know what it does, but why....
    Bugger about the starting issue.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,403 Times in 2,995 Posts
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As far as I know the reasons for fitting a one way valve are either to prevent a loss of prime, usually an attempt to stop fuel draining back to the tank because of either a hard to locate air leak, or a worn pump. (It may be possible that some pumps are not designed to hold prime & thus require a one way valve to be fitted) , or just to make the process of priming easier.

2006 4.2TDi ex-Telstra Remote area Camper. 425w roof mounted solar, 360Ah Aux batts, BCDC1240, Onboard hot & cold pressurised & filtered water, (25 litre hot water calorifier), ARB fridge, ARB freezer, Built in kitchen, heaps of easy access storage, 240v, 3” Genie exhaust + dynotune, 2” lift, 3900kg GVM upgrade, second glovebox, ROH Blaktrak steel wheels, Bridgestone D697's (now Toyo RT's), Redarc gauges/pillarpod, Hema HX-1, Icom 450 CB, dual rear view cameras, Onboard 30amp Victron mains charger, second glovebox, dual seat conversion, TPMS, Boss PX7 onboard air with 9 litre tank, 350w inverter, Steel bullbar, Harrop Eaton diff lock (front), Warn winch, Snorkel, Dual spares , 160 litre water tank, 180 litre fuel in two tanks (approx 1200km range) 2010 Tvan Tanami. (incl another 70 litre water tank) with matching wheels/tyres (& 3rd spare)
    A Nomadic Life (Blog)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Cuppa For This Useful Post:

mudski (14th May 2016)

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Slight leak in on of the injector lines. Tightened it up and double checked the bolt where we put the dial gauge in which some how we didn't put the copper washer in. So I bent my arms In some funny ways yet again and got the bolt out put the dam washer on it and I think it is fixed. I will know properly in the next day or so about the starting issue as for power I intend on taking it for an outlet run which before I could get 100 in 4 th to get up the hill comfortably. It will be interesting to see if there is a slight gain with the pump rebuilt and the timing at .72

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Little bit of power increase from advancing the pump but not much. It still had starting issues so a mate of mine which is a diesel mechanic and is also smart with power in cars put an ameter on the starter motor, he also checked a couple of other things on the starter and came to the conclusion that is might be tired so we put another one in and problem solved. Starts like a gem now

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234