Thanks
    Thanked 13,523 Times in 6,609 Posts
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Cheap Dyneema Winch Rope on Ebay

G'day guys,

if your in the market for a synthetic rope for your winch then you cant go past Dyneema rope.

There is a new seller on Ebay that is listing them for a good price. If you shop smart then you can pic up a bargain.

I have just picked up a 60m length of 10mm rope for under $270 Delivered! Yep 60m!

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....#ht_6984wt_907

I already have rope on my HiMount which is 45m and may swap it over for this 60m length?

60m of 10mm Synthetic Winch rope will make an awesome winch extension rope for that really big recovery, packs up small, is light and is rated beyond 10,000kgs. If its too long i can return it back to the vehicle for 30m of extension.

An ARB 9000kg Winch extension strap is 20m long and is over $100....I just got 3 of them and can whack it on my winch if i want to.

If you have a mate that is looking for rope too then buy a 60m length and cut it into 2 x 30m lengths for less than $150 each!

You can cut this stuff up and do whatever you want with it..

Look below at Evil's Post for splicing info. Perfect Pictorial on "How To"

I am highlighting the 60m length here cause it is going cheaper than the shorter lengths????? go figure... If i needed a 40m length then cut off 20m and use it as an extension strap as above?

Check this seller out.

http://shop.ebay.com.au/bestdealsdirect/m.html

Cheers MR
    Last edited by MudRunnerTD; 11th February 2011 at 06:52 PM. Reason: Evils Link for Splicing ROCKS!!
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

AB (11th February 2011), Dark 1 (11th February 2011), gec (24th February 2011), NickBGU4 (11th February 2011), patch697 (15th February 2011), the evil twin (11th February 2011)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 20,823 Times in 8,597 Posts
    Mentioned
    581 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Cheers for the heads up MR!!!

Thanks
    Thanked 6,640 Times in 3,287 Posts
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Great find on the pricing for the Dyneema $5 a metre (roughly) is better than 1/2 price off mates rates

May I strongly suggest that the best method (and certainly strongest IMHO) of eye splicing or long splicing Dyneema is this one http://www.keepitsoaring.com/LKSC/Do...ing-manual.pdf

We are required to "sieze" the splice with whipping at the initial splice (where you go thru at 90 degrees and come back 3 holes down) for our marine applications because the rope is continually working. I can guarantee anyone that the above method works a treat and is very very strong even if it is not siezed.

That RME link is a bit of a dodgy method IMHO but it does work. Same way I used to do Ski Ropes but I like to err on the side of caution with winching applications.

Thanks again for the heads up on cheap Dyneema, Muddydude
    Dolphins are so smart that within a few weeks of captivity, they can train people to stand on the very edge of the pool and throw them fish.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to the evil twin For This Useful Post:

gec (24th February 2011), MudRunnerTD (11th February 2011)

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just bought one of the 500 amp winch solenoids from these guys, and will be getting a 30m Dyneema rope as soon as i can afford it. Great seller to deal with and his delivery was really fast.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the tip, Just got 60m of 10mm for $278 delivered, will see how fast his delivery is over this side of the paddock aye.
    Western Patrol Club member

GQ with 5.7 Gen 111 V8, Dual ARB airlockers, 33" Coopers, 9000lb Premier winch, Black Widow draws

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    have the prices gone up, it says $449 for 60m, $269 for 30m
    1981 Nissan Patrol MQ SWB, 3.3TD, West Melbourne.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by boggy2006 View Post
    have the prices gone up, it says $449 for 60m, $269 for 30m

Nah mate that is the buy it now price, If ya click on this link and scroll down you will see the ones ya can bid on and then ya just gotta win the bidding, good luck

http://shop.ebay.com.au/bestdealsdirect/m.html
    Western Patrol Club member

GQ with 5.7 Gen 111 V8, Dual ARB airlockers, 33" Coopers, 9000lb Premier winch, Black Widow draws

11. The Following User Says Thank You to gec For This Useful Post:

boggy2006 (15th February 2011)

Thanks
    Thanked 13,523 Times in 6,609 Posts
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Well mine arrived today in less than a week.

60m of 10mm Dyneema for $270 is a great buy. Still trying to figure out how i explain to the wife that i "Needed" the extra 60m??? Chicks just dont get it!
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,206 Times in 1,474 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MudRunnerTD View Post
    Well mine arrived today in less than a week.

60m of 10mm Dyneema for $270 is a great buy. Still trying to figure out how i explain to the wife that i "Needed" the extra 60m??? Chicks just dont get it!
    No sir, they do not!! Be interested to hear what you think of it - lighter I know, but it's the cleaning that puts me off the thought of getting it for the missus' wrangler.

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just got 30 meters for $132.50 + $18.50 delivery, Auction won on Saturday 18th and arrived on the 23rd. Installed 28 meters on my winch and made a recovery bridle with the rest using the splicing instructions in post #3. Couldn't be happier with the rope and the fast service from the Ebay seller (bestdealsdirect).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast