User Tag List

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: "CRATE" the GQ

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great build keep it coming.. if you dont mind saying how much did block work cost, check and hone? Ive got bad rings and im hoping to be able to just hone and fit std rings. I have a feeling (being optimistic) the oil rings are stuck and a replace would suffice. But if theyre completely worn id need to go oversized which will require a lot more money so im trying to get a ballpark estimate.. other wise im just gonna spend 100 bucks for rings and see what happens xD

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks mate, I am trying to remember (it was a couple of years ago now) I think it was about the $650 mark. I pulled everthing apart for them though, and if you are going to replace the rings I suggest using a solid ring compressor, it makes it much eaiser.
    GQ highmount, lockers, barwork, 3-Link front, long arms, V8, cage, duct tape, cable ties and 35's

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bit of work this weekend, got the diff centres back in, gone from 4.11 to 4.625 ratio and changee across to disc rear also. Here are some dodgy phone pics..
    Attached Images Attached Images
    GQ highmount, lockers, barwork, 3-Link front, long arms, V8, cage, duct tape, cable ties and 35's

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Crate For This Useful Post:

AB (9th June 2014), growler2058 (9th June 2014), lucus30 (12th June 2014)

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    come together real nice mate, where do you find the time to work on it.

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This rebuild is really well done, alot of time spend, good job mate!

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like the cage, it looks good. Hate that they introduced the new laws stopping us from welding in cages and having 6pt! Gotta love qld!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the comments guys, as for the time, no kids and a very understanding missus really helps!

Small update, disk rear is all sorted, brakes all bled and have a nice firm pedal! Better than it has ever been, will do a bed in tomorrow and will see if these A1RM pads are as good as everyone says. Should be locking up 35's by all accounts.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,963 Times in 7,394 Posts
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crate View Post
    Thanks for the comments guys, as for the time, no kids and a very understanding missus really helps!

Small update, disk rear is all sorted, brakes all bled and have a nice firm pedal! Better than it has ever been, will do a bed in tomorrow and will see if these A1RM pads are as good as everyone says. Should be locking up 35's by all accounts.
    better get this right or Cuppa will be onto me I have the RDA green pads and found
    them to be "OK" in saying that if you are on the brakes all the time they are great.
    They are for extreme conditions and braking all the time getting the temps up is where they shine.
    How ever I don't drive it like its stolen and have found under gentle braking I believe is their weak point.
    But I bought them to pull up my camper and patrol so in that context they should be fine
    just thought Id mention it
    04 ST 3lt auto, not enough Mods to keep me happy, but getting there

Thanks
    Thanked 13,507 Times in 6,602 Posts
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hey Crate how did you go with that Pin mate? I came across that stripped caliper yesterday damn it! It was still bolted to a half stripped front diff I have behind the shed. Do you still need one? Will one off a front work? I found it while unpacking from the Simpson trip. Sounds like you have it sorted mate?

Do you still run GQ diffs? When I swapped out for GU diffs the Brake upgrade alone was worth Every cent mate!!
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah I have heard the greenstuff pads are good too 3D, will see how these go today.

Yeah all sorted mudrunner, kinda embarrasing but turns out I had one all along, was just at my mums house in the bucket of spares I got with the car! Found them looking for something else..

Ps yep still have GQ diffs, GU upgrade would be alot of work with re setting up the 3 link

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast