Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Looking at GU patrols

Thanks
    Thanked 13,507 Times in 6,602 Posts
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Mate if you can step into a series 4 your will be in a better car that is current shape. Any variant in a Series 4 will be a winner mate.

If you consider Rusty's one has $10k bolted to it it was a steal!!! Your kind of right at the threshold now at $15k as the GUIvs are coming on the market in your price range. If your in that price bracket you'd be nuts to buy a flogged out 2.8 GUI or even worst a GUI ZD30
    Last edited by MudRunnerTD; 19th May 2014 at 08:04 PM.
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MudRunnerTD View Post
    Mate if you can step into a series 4 your will be in a better car that is current shape. Any variant in a Series 4 will be a winner mate.

If you consider Rusty's one has $10k bolted to it it was a steal!!! Your kind of right at the threshold now at $15k as the GUIvs are coming on the market in your price range. If your in that price bracket you'd be nuts to buy a flogged out 2.8 GUI or even worst a GUI ZD30
    Yeah that's what I've come to think myself. There is too much out there to go that option.

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So checked out a 04 gu 3 dx. Was a bit rough but for only 10500 had to look. Had a pill leak from about half way down the block. Fairly extensive. Was fresh oil... Also the sump was weeping from the gasket sealant.
    Apparently gets the car looked after from a 4wd mechanic but he's never seen that? Think I'm walking away from this one. Also sump looked really small is that normal?

I want to look at a r51 pathfinder aswell anyone know much about how these handle off road?

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by OFFIGO View Post
    I want to look at a r51 pathfinder aswell anyone know much about how these handle off road?
    They are a half chassis vehicle from memory. body shell front half. Not something I would push too hard on off road.

Others may have a different perspective and more upto date.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had a R51 petrol and it was a great car and good for light to medium 4wding but keep in mind there clearance aint very good which is what holds them back alot. If you buy an automatic R51 get the transmission
    Checked as they had problems with the tranny cooler they are inside the radiator and use to split contaminating the tranny oil with coolant which is why i got rid of mine.
    2008 GU6 ST 3.0 CRD Auto, 2" Lift, ARB Bullbar, IPF Spotties, Side Steps, Maxxis 980 A/T, Roof Rack.....................

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12