Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

cross country 4.2 intercooler?

Hey,
    Just after some feed back on the cross country ultimate intercooler kit for a 4.2ltd factory intercooled troll.
    Is it going too be worth the $2000 it costs?noticable gain etc?
    Iam looking at getting the diesel pump tuned and dyno and trying too work out wether i should upgrade the cooler first..
    So i thought there must be someone on here who has got one and had experience if so would love too hear there feedback and see how it fits under the hood!
    Many thanks,Jake.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 13,523 Times in 6,609 Posts
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Winnie has one fitted to his TD42 and I have never heard anything but "Top of the Range" when speaking about the CC stuff. Very high quality build.
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey mud runner,
    Sounds good,hope too hear from him!Thanks for the reply too my front end pm too!

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi I had quote from cross country for a kit and ended up buying a PWR intercooler (300mm x 300mm) which is the same core they supply cross country and it's definitely worth it going with the intercooler. I sourced the same Spal fan they use also and fabricated and fitted it all myself it took a week of rooting around to fit it up and saved a thousand bucks but if you don't have the time I'd recommend getting the cross country kit!

Thanks
    Thanked 12,754 Times in 7,160 Posts
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Stropp also has one fitted to his GU, if he misses this thread and doesn't chime in, send him a pm mate

Thanks
    Thanked 12,442 Times in 6,265 Posts
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hey mate, I've got one on my GQ and it is awesome. Although I went from no intercooler to this, the improvement was enormous, dropped 100 deg from my EGTs and the car was more responsive. Of course it allowed for more fuel to be dumped in which gave me a massive power increase.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,742 Times in 2,503 Posts
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep I'm with Winnie, well worth the money just in the egt temp drop!
    2003 gu3 td42tdi sold 😞 bloody gvm towing crap. Bt50 3500kg gvm.

Thanks
    Thanked 12,442 Times in 6,265 Posts
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    They are easy enough for a spastic like me to install myself too, so that a big bonus and what you pay extra for getting a kit, you save in paying someone else to do it.

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have one on my GQ shorty, it does the job very well. You also get a good size scoop in the kit that actually collects the air not like a lot of the smaller cosmetic scoops that don't do much. Have a look at my build thread if you want to see pics.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i've got one to and it works great some people say to take the fan off but i've left mine on purely so as to prevent heat soak at the lights and what not. only drama is your basically forced to stay low mount turbo setup build quality is top notch and the scoop came with a template id buy it again that's for sure
    00, Dx 4.2 turbo, dual batt, 3in exh, Boost contrl, boost and egt guages, GTX2867r, cc intercooler, 3.5in airbox mod, roof console,4 x hid spots and hid projectors, snorkle ,winch,reverse lights and tinted windows, safari tuff clutch, now tuned to 155rwhp also 2000 ford fairmont ghia, 1987 mitsubishi 4wd ute converted to buggy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast