Thread: What causes gears to bite??

Thanks
    Thanked 1,508 Times in 702 Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mudski View Post
    Thats a while in the gearbox... Wonder if you had dropped the vmx-m and replaced it again with vmx-m if it would have been better or stayed like it was. Sometimes a diff need a few oil changes before it comes good... Don't matter now though....
    Actually thats a good idea. In how may K's do you think I should get it changed again?
    GU Patrol: 3LTD :- The cheapest option is to buy the right thing the first time! - YEP WORKS FOR ME!!
    Front and Rear "LOCKED" WOO HOO !! squeal, scream, squeal toot toot !! hahahaha

NISSAN PATROL.com.au .......stickers........done by Snicko.......I know you want one....
    http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forum...screen-Sticker

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,298 Times in 6,438 Posts
    Mentioned
    461 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I would have thought no more than 50 thousand. I just change mine every 12 months religiously and thats around 30k...
    Its like changing engine oil brands. You need to run the one type for a few changes before the motor settles to it. You can't change the brand of oil once and decide if its better or not straight away. I went from Magnatec to the Dello. Instantly my engine was noisier and the catch can was catching around 75ml of more oil. I left it for a few changes, its settled down in the catch can side of things but the motor was still a little noisier than before but I decided to go back to Magnatec as I can get it cheaper than Dello and the Magnatec is a higher quality of oil the the Dello. (flame proof suit is on...) And the initial start up noise is a crap load quieter again. But I persisted with three oil changes before I made the decision.
    So after seeing BA change his diff oil a few times last year when he had rear diff noises he said it finally settled after a few oil changes. It obviously needed a good flush out.
    Last edited by mudski; 22nd May 2014 at 10:01 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12