Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

GU Series 9

Hi All,

I may have missed it but after various searches (on this forum and in general) I still couldn't find any info on GU Series 9.

To my understanding, the big difference from Series 7 to 8 is that on GU 8, it includes traction and stability control (and rear diff lock across the range). What is different on Series 9 then? Any pointer to the right info would be most appreciated.

Thanks in advance and regards,

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 5,115 Times in 2,901 Posts
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jm2004 View Post
    Hi All, I may have missed it but after various searches (on this forum and in general) I still couldn't find any info on GU Series 9. To my understanding, the big difference from Series 7 to 8 is that on GU 8, it includes traction and stability control (and rear diff lock across the range). What is different on Series 9 then? Any pointer to the right info would be most appreciated. Thanks in advance and regards,
    Wrong, only the Gu8 in 2012 included the extra goodies. I have a 2011 Gu8 with no traction or stability nor did I get a diff lock.
    @Nisshead, has a Gu8 not sure what year
    Last edited by MEGOMONSTER; 11th May 2014 at 12:06 AM.
    2011 GU8 ST 3.0 CRD, ARB Bullbar with IPF spotties, scrub bars and side steps, Snorkel, Dual Battery system, Waeco fridge, Turbo Timer, ARB Roof Rack with 5 IPF spotties across the front, Custom full Leather Bucket seats, DPchip, 3" Taipan exhaust, ARE Intercooler & scoop, Autron EGT/Boost and dual volt gauges, ARB front locker.

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi mate, I have a GU9, from memory the Aerial is integrated into the rear side windows and there are side airbags in the front seats. That was what the dealer told me.

If you have either of the above in your GU8 let us know.
    Cheers

Thanks
    Thanked 6,891 Times in 3,651 Posts
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    My GU8 has the aerial on the rear window, its Dec 2011 make. All GU8 models should have the stability control and therefore the rear locker. updated instrument cluster and aerial in the rear window.
    I don't think there was any major changes in GU9

Hey Mego, What month in 2011 was yours made. I believe mine was the first lot of GU8's. Is your antenna on the front left?? Yours could be a GU7 mate??

I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey mate I have the gu9 2013 build only difference is side
    Air bags in the seats

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Oldmate1 For This Useful Post:

Maxhead (16th May 2014)

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi All, thanks for the comments. I tend to agree I think GU 9 is fairly similar. By the way, after joining this Forum early in 2012, finally my dream of owning a Patrol has become a reality just this afternoon

A GU 9 (of course, hence the question), bought brand new, got the factory bullbar, towbar, cargo barrier and snorkel included (window tint and factory mats as part of the deal as well). I've just driven it home earlier, still spotless ;-)

Looking forward to further build up and enjoyment in the years to come

Interesting to see that the manual commented about 5-speed auto as well??? (I purchased the auto, with 4-speed as I'm sure you all know).

Still on GU 9, one thing not clear to me. Does this "tank" have a centre diff? I've read the manual but still unclear. Sorry for the "simpleton" questions, but I'd rather ask than regret.
    Last edited by jm2004; 17th May 2014 at 08:24 PM.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to jm2004 For This Useful Post:

Kalchris (18th May 2014)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yes i think that they all have a centre diff, but on the Gu8/9 it might be 'open' to operate in conjunction with the LSD and traction control system, and think thats why these probably have a rear diff locker, which the earlier models don't have.

I am however, sure that one of the patrol experts on here will put us both right.............?????
    Last edited by bindi; 17th May 2014 at 08:34 PM.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats on the new Patrol.

you will get quite a few posts saying let the mods begin etc. However even the stock patrol is very versatile and capable. I took my stock Patrol to Fraser, Moreton, Glasshouse etc and never had any issues.
    Enjoy the beast.
    2012 GU Patrol Simpson Edition. Auto. UHF, Bull Bar, 2" lift with Koni shocks, dobinson coils. 3" stainless Steel Exhaust.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,665 Times in 3,125 Posts
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome mate and congrats on the buy.
    As with the center "diff", no.
    Patrols run a transfer box which is a direct drive from gearbox to front and rear diffs. It's all chain and gears in there so very strong.
    If you don't have a rear diff lock fitted factory the rear wil be LSD, but open front.
    Pretty standard but your sporting the best lsd in the business..
    So unless your doing hardcore just stick a lokka in the front and enjoy life.
    Cheers
    Kallen Westbrook