Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Renters ???

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 2TROLLFAM View Post
    OMFG - you've agents looking after it and still got that bad, that quickly. It's a shame there seem to be so many half assed agents out there. They'd be on their way out if it were me (tenant and agent) Wish you well with Antenna lady ... Unreasonable tenants make it so much harder than it needs to be Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
    Don't know how to edit with forum runner

Just reread that - antenna lady was the actual owner of the flat???

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
    NISSANS Rulz .... "Amelia" the 2006 4.2ltr Patrol Ute & "Seamus" the 2008 3ltr Patrol Wagon

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,277 Times in 3,275 Posts
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 2TROLLFAM View Post
    Don't know how to edit with forum runner

Just reread that - antenna lady was the actual owner of the flat???

Yes she is the owner of the flat and in 2 years has never made the effort to speak to me in regards to anything.... I look after the whole complex (gardening and maintenance) and if she had done so she would have more of an understanding of how things work in the real world and we could have sorted the antenna situation out with much more ease.

The problem with our rental is 2 months without an tenant would take a couple of years to make back so not worth going crazy over but to let them know they do have a responsibility to keep the place tidy within reason.

Cig butts everywhere just kills me as I know they will not be cleaned nearly enough... for those smokers its $512 fine for flicking your cig and anyone can dob you in.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What a stoopid woman!!

NISSANS Rulz .... "Amelia" the 2006 4.2ltr Patrol Ute & "Seamus" the 2008 3ltr Patrol Wagon

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was on the other side of the stick when I rented. Only rented for 12 months after moving out of my parents investment unit had a private aggreement with them.

Had our 3 monthly inspections. House was immaculate, gardens better then when we moved in as I like to garden. During the inspection they would tell us how lovely the house was ect ect and no concerns. Then a couple of hours later ring us up and abuse us about what they found and expect it to be fixed ASAP - All very minor things which took less then 5 minutes total to do. There was some dust in the tracks of the windows.
    The windows leaked in the rain - Turns out they were installed up the wrong way not our problem. The rain washed away some of the dirt in the retaining wall onto the grass as it wasnt built properly, again not my problem. There was some cobwebs in the corner of the garage behind a bench that was installed before we moved in that were out of reach.

Lucky we took pictures when we first moved in to back up our initial check list thing as they tried to pin us for all sorts of repairs when we moved out that were already there - like a crack in the tile in the main area - they wanted us to replace and re-tile the whole room and to replace all the carpets in the house as there was a stain - which we had proof was already there and didnt come out after 2 x professional carpet clean.
    Could not wait to get out of that 12 month lease!!

Bought a house and havent looked back

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the same. First tenants we had were the best. 2nd were terrible, ended up going there as they were not paying on time and had a nice chat to and told him what was going to happen to him. They moved out soon after with some damage to the house. Caught up with him later though. Then took a chance on a family 4 kids and they have been there for the last 18months and are great. Hoping to sell it soon as we are renting at the moment and can't stand trying to keep the place pristine. We have a 1 and 5 year old, not the easiest job to keep it spot on. Lucky wifey doesn't work and she looks after all that.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,424 Times in 3,003 Posts
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have never had an investment property, but we did rent out our home in Melbourne for several years whilst we rented ourselves in the country. The initial tenants were cops sharing & looked after the place well, but over time the tenants changed one by one & care for the place deteriorated. The agents ‘maintenance’, when required was carried to by ‘Dodgy & Son’ making the ‘making good I had to do heaps more work than if they had done a proper job.

I swore I would never rent a place out again, but now we are planning to do so. Again it will be our home, rather than an investment property. It will be rented long term when we travel, but we will return to the property to live in the barn I am planning to build, between trips. This will have separate access so the tenants are not disturbed by us, but we will be able to keep a bit of an eye on the house. I was talking to a mate recently who has severe investment properties, all in rural Victoria. His strategy is that he would rather leave his places empty (His places are all low cost houses he doesn’t owe anything on) than rent to anyone under 40 y.o & prefers to get a lower rent from long termers knowing they will likely look after the place. He has several little old ladies in their 60’s who have been in situ for 5 + years now. He also never lets a property without personally vetting the prospective tenants. I think I’ll probably follow his advice if we can, although a family who want to keep a pony might be a reasonable prospect as well as older folk. Plenty of time to think about it yet though - probably be at least a year before the barn’s built.
    Last edited by Cuppa; 10th May 2014 at 11:52 PM.

2006 4.2TDi ex-Telstra Remote area Camper. 425w roof mounted solar, 360Ah Aux batts, BCDC1240, Onboard hot & cold pressurised & filtered water, (25 litre hot water calorifier), ARB fridge, ARB freezer, Built in kitchen, heaps of easy access storage, 240v, 3” Genie exhaust + dynotune, 2” lift, 3900kg GVM upgrade, second glovebox, ROH Blaktrak steel wheels, Bridgestone D697's (now Toyo RT's), Redarc gauges/pillarpod, Hema HX-1, Icom 450 CB, dual rear view cameras, Onboard 30amp Victron mains charger, second glovebox, dual seat conversion, TPMS, Boss PX7 onboard air with 9 litre tank, 350w inverter, Steel bullbar, Harrop Eaton diff lock (front), Warn winch, Snorkel, Dual spares , 160 litre water tank, 180 litre fuel in two tanks (approx 1200km range) 2010 Tvan Tanami. (incl another 70 litre water tank) with matching wheels/tyres (& 3rd spare)
    A Nomadic Life (Blog)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thats sh*t Johnny, I remember how spotless that place was after the first big cleanup. Surely if they are stockpiling litter and ciggie butts it is at least enough to be able to give them a formal warning?
    Is there any way you can change property managers?

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I dont want them to move out as it costs us way to much but they need to be aware that they do need to keep things tidy.. and yes Peter it is hard to look at it when the place is bloody tidy and then this ??

As for property managers well I hate Ray White and would love to but this is Mags's baby and I cant be bothered fighting with her over it, I'm just the one who has to do all the work!!!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Perhaps draft a letter for the agents to pass on.

It could highlight the terms in the lease requiring the tenants to maintain the property. It could also state that if they are unable to do this the service could be completed for them, for a fee.

Enter BA.
    In any moment of decision, the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.

Theodore Roosevelt

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Family4x4 For This Useful Post:

Bloodyaussie (11th May 2014)

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Funny as I have invoiced my own property before from the last tenant.... and no nothing dodge about it !!!!!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast