OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: So the the old GUrl is up for new suspension. Torn between 3 or 4inch.

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,277 Times in 3,275 Posts
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have gotten completely lost now???

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,319 Times in 6,443 Posts
    Mentioned
    462 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodyaussie View Post
    Sorry I'm lost too... booze does this. Lol
    You reckon your mate can get the Dobbies in tomorrow or Thursday? Would I be ok to run with stock rear upper arms for a weekend?

Thanks
    Thanked 12,754 Times in 7,160 Posts
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodyaussie View Post
    So has his lift kit Bwahahahaha

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Clunk For This Useful Post:

Bloodyaussie (13th May 2014), mudski (14th May 2014)

The master farter
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    462 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Springs turned up! wOOt! Got my drop boxes, rear upper and lower arms, pads, just waiting on shocks and panhards and then the fun begins.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mudski For This Useful Post:

BigRAWesty (14th May 2014), Clunk (14th May 2014)

The master farter
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    462 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    O.k After starting the rebuild on 11:30am Thursday morning, I end that day at around 12:30am. Then started again at around 10am on Friday morning and finally finished everything at around 3pm. The only pic I took the whole time was of the old and new spring. I didn't have time to take more.
    20140515_124008 (Medium).jpg

The car feels very different. My first drive was straight up the Highway to Mansfield and then past Merijig to the property. So I reckon I stopped maybe 10 tens on the way up checking every bloody nut and bolt was done up. Driving with no radio on and listening to all the new creaks from the suspension settling in. Around the street I do notice the difference with the 35's. On the highway, I reckon it went slightly better than before, it sits better in the power range at 100-110k's now. She still slows on those big hills though. Lol. Out on the tracks. While I didn't get a chance to try a lot of tracks that would test it out, the few step and technical tracks we did with some good rocky steps the car seem to climb up them great. Maybe it was just the combo of new suspension, new and larger tyres. Where the suspension excelled was on the tracks with those annoying wash ways. Before the car would fell like I have driven off a cliff the the old OME setup, now it was quite smooth. Where the suspension did F.A was on a track called No.3 Rd on our way down to the King valley. The track was riddled with thousands of rocks and man it was a bumpy ride. Was funny to watch the trail bike riders on it....But other than that I am a happy man.
    What was fitted and done....
    • 3inch Suspension stuff flexy coils
    • 4inch Tought dog 45mm Adjustable shockers
    • drop boxes
    • Adjustable front panhard rod
    • Adjustable rear panhard rod
    • rear lower control arms plus 10mm
    • rear upper control arms adjustable
    • Front and rear bump stops
    • rear longer brake hose (didn't do the front as the nut on the pipe was rounded so I just undid the bracket from the diff for now)
    • Switched the tailshaft over so the small end is at the box. ( Thank you BA for this as I wouldn't have done it)
    • Got stuffed around multiple times a day from my mobile constantly ringing or getting text messages. Always happens when you just want to get shite done....
    • Fitted my 35's...

I was kinda getting worried that it would look over the top for some reason but it actually looks well in proportion I think. These are just a couple of pics I took over the weekend...
    20140517_125040 copy.jpg20140517_165128 (Medium).jpg

Oh! and this is the view I had to put up with while boozing around the camp fire...
    20140517_170107 (Medium).jpg

And big thanks has to go out for all who had their input into this. It was a big help. And I must not forget "old mate" Jonathan for giving up and evening to give me a hand. My Yearly "boys weekend" would have gone on without me if you didn't help.

So there is one last thing I need to do. BA will agree with me on this. I to piss my crappy arse 31inch roadies off and get some 33's to drive on the road with. Gawd they are horrid looking wheels! So if you know anyone in Melbourne who has 4, or five 33inch AT's, or maybe even muddies, maybe. Lemmeknow.

Cheers.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mudski For This Useful Post:

BigRAWesty (19th May 2014), MEGOMONSTER (4th September 2014), Rip'n'Shred (3rd September 2014)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WOW what a story, all in 10 days!

I read this looking for shock options. I was tricked into the SS crap shocks, have been replaced several times and seem to get worse each time.

How do you rate the tough dogs now a couple of months later? On road and off?

I have the same springs as yours, drop boxs, adjustable panhards that where required with the lift, HD upper arms, yet to replace lowers.
    Last edited by Rip'n'Shred; 3rd September 2014 at 11:40 AM.
    GU IV 2006 4.2 TDi wagon

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789