Thread: Figjam's Portal, Duramax, Extracab GU build

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Haha debate is good.
    It is a permanent fixture in the vehicle.
    The finished deployment height is not set yet. With the deployed bench height set at usual home kitchen height, the drawers will be low but still higher than lower drawers in a home kitchen.
    With some forward planning having the in-cab fridge as well, it will not need to be deployed for every use as drawers, BBQ and under tray drawer bench top can all be accessed whilst it is in the vehicle.
    I will need to take a minute to lower a support leg as the weight transfer causes too much vehicle lean without it. Once the leg is down the kitchen deploys as simply as a drop down fridge.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Figjam For This Useful Post:

jack (8th August 2020), NissanGQ4.2 (8th August 2020), rusty_nail (8th August 2020)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow it has been a while since I updated this thread. and yes the build progress is still painfully slow.

The vehicle is completed to the point where everything is fully functional and complete with the exception of some interior trim still to do.
    That being said, it is about to have the chassis cut and be converted to 6x6 to allow for more weight and increased towing capacity. (the 6x6 kit was delayed for the last 7 months due to flooding)
    I am also trying to get dyno tuning done whilst it still has two axles. This was progressing well until a portal (axle only and older design) failed at 608 RWHP on 37s. Trusty patrol axles have been installed now to try final tuning again this weekend.

6x6 kit is running Ford 10" centres and ARB lockers competition so end result will be fully lockable 6x6 on portals and 37" tyres on Hutchinson dual beadlock rims.

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Figjam For This Useful Post:

MB (29th September 2022), MudRunnerTD (28th September 2022), Stropp (28th September 2022), Winnie (28th September 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,697 Times in 2,480 Posts
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Figjam View Post
    Wow it has been a while since I updated this thread. and yes the build progress is still painfully slow.

The vehicle is completed to the point where everything is fully functional and complete with the exception of some interior trim still to do.
    That being said, it is about to have the chassis cut and be converted to 6x6 to allow for more weight and increased towing capacity. (the 6x6 kit was delayed for the last 7 months due to flooding)
    I am also trying to get dyno tuning done whilst it still has two axles. This was progressing well until a portal (axle only and older design) failed at 608 RWHP on 37s. Trusty patrol axles have been installed now to try final tuning again this weekend.

6x6 kit is running Ford 10" centres and ARB lockers competition so end result will be fully lockable 6x6 on portals and 37" tyres on Hutchinson dual beadlock rims.
    Hi Ewan, we need some updated pictures mate 👌
    2003 gu3 td42tdi sold 😞 bloody gvm towing crap. Bt50 3500kg gvm.

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Stropp For This Useful Post:

MB (29th September 2022), mudnut (28th September 2022), MudRunnerTD (28th September 2022), Rossco (28th September 2022)

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    F*ck me, what line of crime are you in to afford that?

"faakeen siik build maat" I think would be the ozzie translation...

- 1990 LWB Safari flatdeck, TD42 -
    - 1988 LWB 7-seat Safari, TD42 -
    1989 LWB 5-Seat, TD42

9. The Following User Says Thank You to mihit For This Useful Post:

MB (29th September 2022)

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011