User Tag List

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Tb42e

Thanks
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fuel rail pressure should be 40psi. Measure after fuel filter with an inline gauge. When the key is switched to ignition the fuel pump will run for about 5 seconds then switch off. The fuel pressure should rise to 40psi rapidly not slowly. The fuel pump will turn back on once it receives an ignition signal(engine started).
    If the gauge rises slowly or doesn't reach 40 psi, chances are the pump is on its way out and will need replacing. Hard starting and bad performance can result from low fuel pressure.
    IMO and should be taken with a grain of salt.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Parksy For This Useful Post:

Bloodyaussie (6th May 2014), kevin07 (6th May 2014), menace 2 (6th May 2014)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    if...sorry when you break your left hand side engine mount the superior eng control arm bush type mounts are not only cheaper than genuine rubbers but they are quicker to fit and bugger all extra vibes in the big petrol. you will find that the clutch gives alot more of a direct feel with the engine box held alot more securely.

also seriously consider an ecu talk works with the tb42e ecu and very handy being able to see the readouts

5. The Following User Says Thank You to billyj For This Useful Post:

Bloodyaussie (6th May 2014)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Patrols equipped with the "tow pack" option were equipped with water cooled oil coolers.

If the cooler isn't fitted then it's just a plate fitted. Sometimes they leak coolant (regularly) and according to nissan there is no gasket, it's just sealant. Not a hard job to fix, just requires the coolant to be drained before removing the plate/cooler.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    tip #2 if you want dual batteries with a tb42e patrol use the piranha tray to suit a 2.8 diesel, you will have to move the vacuum canister and coil but this lets you get a full size 12" battery in the back corner of the engine bay.

tip#3 when you inevitably blow a head/head gasket have a very close look at the head/block to see if the rear most cooling ports behind no6 are corroded, its common for these to corrode resulting in insufficient sealing in this area and repeated failure, solution is to weld/epoxy the ports in the head and epoxy the ports in the block sealing them off completely, this prevents and further failure in the area and does not result in running any hotter
    Attached Images Attached Images

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to billyj For This Useful Post:

Bloodyaussie (6th May 2014), menace 2 (6th May 2014), Parksy (7th May 2014)

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,277 Times in 3,275 Posts
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Parksy View Post
    Patrols equipped with the "tow pack" option were equipped with water cooled oil coolers.

If the cooler isn't fitted then it's just a plate fitted. Sometimes they leak coolant (regularly) and according to nissan there is no gasket, it's just sealant. Not a hard job to fix, just requires the coolant to be drained before removing the plate/cooler.
    Mine is fitted with that cooler and have had it leak and fixed by George... pain in the butt spot to get to but not rocket science.

On that note I never realised it was a tow pack option... wow I learnt something new today!!!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Bloodyaussie For This Useful Post:

Parksy (6th May 2014)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can't remember where I learnt it, might have been from nissan themselves when I sourced new o-rings for the cooler...

Thanks
    Thanked 1,627 Times in 1,041 Posts
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Base timing is meant to be set to 10* BTDC but with age and the use of higher octane fuel you can advance it to 15 - 20*BTDC for a slight improvement in performance

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by billyj View Post
    tip #2 if you want dual batteries with a tb42e patrol use the piranha tray to suit a 2.8 diesel, you will have to move the vacuum canister and coil but this lets you get a full size 12" battery in the back corner of the engine bay.
    This is a brilliant mod for us E drivers as I fitted a third battery because the small battery is just not enough to power all my camping needs.

And George forgot to mention when setting the timing to 15-20 degrees that if it starts pinging to back it off... some may not be aware of pinging and set it to max and cause some serious damage.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Bloodyaussie For This Useful Post:

Alitis007 (7th May 2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,525 Times in 887 Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by billyj View Post
    I second this as a top tip for TB's! Wish I'd done it myself......

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

1997 GQ Patrol RX, TB42E. Mods: OME 2" lift, 33" BFG KM2'S, ARB winch bar & reconditioned X9 Superwinch, IPF 900 spotties HID conversion, ARB side steps and scrub bars, Kaymar rear step & spare wheel carrier & jerry holder, Rear 55W LED worklight, Safari Snorkel, 147L LRA tank, Extended diff breathers, dual batteries, GME UHF, Home built drawer and fridge slide, ARB 60L fridge.

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well today I got my car put on the dyno and it was putting out a healthy 80kw but is running very very lean.... apparently the fuel pump has had it (not even 2 years old).

George wants me to test the Fuel regulator also and asked if I could borrow one.

Will post up how this pans out?

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast