OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Thread: Booked in to get my solid flywheel and HD clutch fitted!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Talking Booked in to get my solid flywheel and HD clutch fitted!

Well Trol goes in on Tuesday 6th to get the solid flywheel and Exedy HD clutch fitted

Would you believe I was able to order the kit from Direct Clutch Services in Aus, pay for shipping and customs/tax, and even including the mechanic quote for fitting it and doing a couple of other small jobs, I'm still saving over £100/$181 Aus on the cost of buying the kit from the only UK supplier I could find!

I've told the mechanic I need her back by close of play on Wednesday so will report back with my opinion of the new kit - tbh anything has to be better than the bloody rattly DMF she has just now!!
    1990 4.2 Diesel SWB Safari MT - 2" lift + long travel shocks, 33" MTs, -35 Steelies, 17000lb winch, Steel bumpers, Rock sliders, Snorkel, CB, Manual hubs, LED lightbar, Rear secure drawer, Rear drop down table, Manual gearbox conversion.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Love your work there mate should be a lot nicer to drive after wards.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Sherro For This Useful Post:

Barrbeast (3rd May 2014)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well that's the solid flywheel and HD clutch been in for a couple days and I'm loving it, bit more drivetrain noise but feels a much more direct connection between the engine and the gearbox. Also seems to be a slight bark/growl from the engine when you take up the drive which I guess is due to not having the dampening effect of the DMF - love it
    1990 4.2 Diesel SWB Safari MT - 2" lift + long travel shocks, 33" MTs, -35 Steelies, 17000lb winch, Steel bumpers, Rock sliders, Snorkel, CB, Manual hubs, LED lightbar, Rear secure drawer, Rear drop down table, Manual gearbox conversion.