OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Good place to get an exhaust for TB42?

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yeh sorry Drew...mine could be 2 1/4...and forgot to mention ...it has a high flow cat after the extractors..really small one only about 4-5 inches long...cheers
    the one thing wrong with middle age ...is knowing you will grow out of it !

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 1,525 Times in 887 Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodyaussie View Post
    Every place I have spoken to has been in favour of the 2 1/4 system and all have said the 2 1/2 is not suited unless running turbo... I run 2 1/4 and it breaths very well... See what prices you get ??? and let me know.. the secret to not running a hotdog at the end is to have a longer muffler. My muffler is too short so I need that hotdog on the end and thats on 2 1/4 .......
    Yeah, George reckons 2 1/4 too and he knows his chit......
    There are a lot of guys running 2 1/2 though too.....
    I read one suggestion which was to have the outlet of the extractors at 2 1/4 into the Cat and then 2 1/2 out of the Cat......

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

1997 GQ Patrol RX, TB42E. Mods: OME 2" lift, 33" BFG KM2'S, ARB winch bar & reconditioned X9 Superwinch, IPF 900 spotties HID conversion, ARB side steps and scrub bars, Kaymar rear step & spare wheel carrier & jerry holder, Rear 55W LED worklight, Safari Snorkel, 147L LRA tank, Extended diff breathers, dual batteries, GME UHF, Home built drawer and fridge slide, ARB 60L fridge.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,627 Times in 1,041 Posts
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewboyaus View Post
    Yeah, I read one suggestion which was to have the outlet of the extractors at 2 1/4 into the Cat and then 2 1/2 out of the Cat...... Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
    Normally people go bigger pre cat and smaller after because when the gasses pass thru the catalyst they actually get hotter. Also you'd be looking for a stainless steel core for the cat, i'd go for a 100cpi (Cell per square inch) over a 200 cpi unit coz if your motor starts to use oil it'll block it. What you need to remember is you want to increase the flow without loosing too much back pressure to help in low to mid range torque

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alitis007 View Post
    Normally people go bigger pre cat and smaller after because when the gasses pass thru the catalyst they actually get hotter. Also you'd be looking for a stainless steel core for the cat, i'd go for a 100cpi (Cell per square inch) over a 200 cpi unit coz if your motor starts to use oil it'll block it. What you need to remember is you want to increase the flow without loosing too much back pressure to help in low to mid range torque
    2 1/4 would be a bit cheaper too I assume.....

1997 GQ Patrol RX, TB42E. Mods: OME 2" lift, 33" BFG KM2'S, ARB winch bar & reconditioned X9 Superwinch, IPF 900 spotties HID conversion, ARB side steps and scrub bars, Kaymar rear step & spare wheel carrier & jerry holder, Rear 55W LED worklight, Safari Snorkel, 147L LRA tank, Extended diff breathers, dual batteries, GME UHF, Home built drawer and fridge slide, ARB 60L fridge.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    AB when you got your exhaust from Scotts Rods did it take long?
    Reason I ask. .......they were recommended to me as the absolute best exhaust on the market for what I need. I rang and talked through the requirements and ordered and paid on the day with a promised three week delivery time and they were to email me the tracking no after it was sent. Well that was just over 5 weeks ago. No email no exhaust....
    I plan to live forever................going well so far

Thanks
    Thanked 20,772 Times in 8,582 Posts
    Mentioned
    581 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pokey View Post
    AB when you got your exhaust from Scotts Rods did it take long?
    Reason I ask. .......they were recommended to me as the absolute best exhaust on the market for what I need. I rang and talked through the requirements and ordered and paid on the day with a promised three week delivery time and they were to email me the tracking no after it was sent. Well that was just over 5 weeks ago. No email no exhaust....
    Yeah wow that's disappointing mate. To be honest I can't remember. I was collecting everything when I was putting the turbo on so after I got it, it still sat in the shed for a while.

Contact them on the forum and see what happens.

Thanks
    Thanked 12,430 Times in 6,262 Posts
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alitis007 View Post
    When I got mine the exhaust guy said that it did not need a catalytic converter. I can't remember why something to do with gas?

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Winnie View Post
    When I got mine the exhaust guy said that it did not need a catalytic converter. I can't remember why something to do with gas?
    EFI ones need to keep the cat to remain roadworthy.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,627 Times in 1,041 Posts
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Edit: it said post error earlier and i reposted more information
    Last edited by Alitis007; 3rd May 2014 at 10:51 AM.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There was a mob in Ringwood Vic that made and sold exhausts on eBay. I bought one last year for my tb42e and it was a simple bolt in job. Full kit, extractors, cat, mufflers, bolts, gaskets and everything else. Can't seem to find them anymore though.
    IMO and should be taken with a grain of salt.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast