OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Good place to get an exhaust for TB42?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,525 Times in 887 Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Parksy View Post
    There was a mob in Ringwood Vic that made and sold exhausts on eBay. I bought one last year for my tb42e and it was a simple bolt in job. Full kit, extractors, cat, mufflers, bolts, gaskets and everything else. Can't seem to find them anymore though.
    Was that performance exhausts?
    How does yours sound? Is it droney? Loud? Or is it quietist with a nice note ('cause that's the sort of thing I'm after)?

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

1997 GQ Patrol RX, TB42E. Mods: OME 2" lift, 33" BFG KM2'S, ARB winch bar & reconditioned X9 Superwinch, IPF 900 spotties HID conversion, ARB side steps and scrub bars, Kaymar rear step & spare wheel carrier & jerry holder, Rear 55W LED worklight, Safari Snorkel, 147L LRA tank, Extended diff breathers, dual batteries, GME UHF, Home built drawer and fridge slide, ARB 60L fridge.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was droney at first at highway speeds because the muffler was just a straight through muffler, but I got this swapped out with a baffled muffler at our local exhaust shop. Now it is nicer. Though before, just driving around town and idling, it did sound tough!

As for the name I just can't remember it or find it on my eBay purchase history. The muffler was a Lukey brand if that helps.
    IMO and should be taken with a grain of salt.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,627 Times in 1,041 Posts
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewboyaus View Post
    2 1/4 would be a bit cheaper too I assume..... Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
    The pipe is hardly worth anything, the money is in the mufflers. Cheaper mufflers have less packing material and are louder where more expensive mufflers have more packing material and are quieter for example a redback sports muffler is worth roughly $80 for 2.5" offset/offset 5"x9"x14" and the same size muffler made by magnaflow is worth $300, the sound difference is chalk and cheese mate!

Quote Originally Posted by Winnie View Post
    When I got mine the exhaust guy said that it did not need a catalytic converter. I can't remember why something to do with gas?
    The fine for removing a cat is upto $10,000, some extreme cases even jail time and some workshops have been even shut down if they are repeat offenders. Any car made after 1984 running on unleaded petrol needs to run a cat in aus, now even diesels have to run cats aka particulate filters to meet the current emission laws.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,627 Times in 1,041 Posts
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewboyaus View Post
    EFI ones need to keep the cat to remain roadworthy. Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
    Thats true, so they conform to the fuel and emission ADR's

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123