OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Good place to get an exhaust for TB42?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,525 Times in 887 Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good place to get an exhaust for TB42?

Hi guys looking for a recommendation or three for an exhaust shop to do a full end to end exhaust system for my TB42e.
    I'm in Melbourne north west but happy to travel to the right place. Good work at the right price is what I'm after.....might even do the install myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

1997 GQ Patrol RX, TB42E. Mods: OME 2" lift, 33" BFG KM2'S, ARB winch bar & reconditioned X9 Superwinch, IPF 900 spotties HID conversion, ARB side steps and scrub bars, Kaymar rear step & spare wheel carrier & jerry holder, Rear 55W LED worklight, Safari Snorkel, 147L LRA tank, Extended diff breathers, dual batteries, GME UHF, Home built drawer and fridge slide, ARB 60L fridge.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 20,772 Times in 8,582 Posts
    Mentioned
    581 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Shipping is pretty cheap Drew and install is a piece of pie if the manufacturer weld the hooks on in the exact spot.

I ended up getting mine of Scott's rods in nsw which was cheaper then local.

Try them and also try genie exhausts on here too. I actually had a chat to the owner today and they are very switched on with Patrols so get some prices and see what you think.

Thanks
    Thanked 12,430 Times in 6,262 Posts
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AB View Post
    Shipping is pretty cheap Drew and install is a piece of pie if the manufacturer weld the hooks on in the exact spot.

I ended up getting mine of Scott's rods in nsw which was cheaper then local.

Try them and also try genie exhausts on here too. I actually had a chat to the owner today and they are very switched on with Patrols so get some prices and see what you think.
    Nobody does a kit for the TB42E. Plenty out there for the carby but the injected one is different. Unless someone has brought one out since I was looking.

Thanks
    Thanked 20,772 Times in 8,582 Posts
    Mentioned
    581 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Winnie View Post

Nobody does a kit for the TB42E. Plenty out there for the carby but the injected one is different. Unless someone has brought one out since I was looking.
    I thought I read Scott's were doing them last year. May be wrong though?

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AB View Post
    I thought I read Scott's were doing them last year. May be wrong though?
    no body was doing them last year when I tried AB...that's why I went to the bloke in Braeside....maybe they are doing them now ?
    And if they did you had to be able to get the car to them ...but no kit form
    the one thing wrong with middle age ...is knowing you will grow out of it !

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by menace 2 View Post
    Got mine from Braeside Drew..they sent it to Qld ..cant remember the postage but it was minimal...though you shouldn't need it...you would be able to pick it up yourself...supplied extractors to tail pipe ...all flanged together so I could just bolt it together...in 5 pieces ..with sports muffler and I also got a little small one near the rear..2.1/2 inch....all hooks in the right place...Right Price exhausts Braeside..Jamie...03 38089211...if you are interested....I th9nk it was about 1000.00 to 1100.00....cant remember if that included the postage to Qld...I went through them because I couldn't get beaudesert or redback to just make a system up all flanged without taking the car to them ...which I couldn't do....cheers
    Thanks man.
    How does it sound? Did you get much of a performance gain?
    Too many if the ones I've seen need welding and it ain't got a welder. I like the sound of the mob you went to.
    I might drop in and see them, they're sort of on my way to where my office is.....

1997 GQ Patrol RX, TB42E. Mods: OME 2" lift, 33" BFG KM2'S, ARB winch bar & reconditioned X9 Superwinch, IPF 900 spotties HID conversion, ARB side steps and scrub bars, Kaymar rear step & spare wheel carrier & jerry holder, Rear 55W LED worklight, Safari Snorkel, 147L LRA tank, Extended diff breathers, dual batteries, GME UHF, Home built drawer and fridge slide, ARB 60L fridge.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not too droney?

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,277 Times in 3,275 Posts
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Every place I have spoken to has been in favour of the 2 1/4 system and all have said the 2 1/2 is not suited unless running turbo...

I run 2 1/4 and it breaths very well...

See what prices you get ??? and let me know.. the secret to not running a hotdog at the end is to have a longer muffler.

My muffler is too short so I need that hotdog on the end and thats on 2 1/4 .......

Thanks
    Thanked 12,430 Times in 6,262 Posts
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Drew on mine I had a 2.5 inch no cat with a sports muffler. It was droney, I would have liked to put a hot dog in it.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,997 Times in 2,911 Posts
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hey mate got my lwb exhaust done when I had one for about 400. Straight through 2.25"and hot dog muffler it sounded nice.
    I got red dust in my veins.

Check out My Rig here: Broken

Pics of Forum trips I've Been on:
    Pizza at AB's - 2012 Knockwood - 2013 Krissos Place Australia Day - 2015 Pizza at AB's - March 2015 Pizza at AB's - May 2015 Dargo - 2015 Newnes - 2016

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast